• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Huffington Postflight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, I would pay for the plate. Doesn't change the fact that it's a stupid rule.

You are a prime example of what's wrong with this country. How's that feel?

If it is a rule, you should follow it...

There are thousands of out dated and stupid laws in this country. In Boston it's illegal to drive a car into the city without first walking into town and announcing you are bringing a car.

How do you reconcile your belief that ALL rules should be followed? I suppose you NEVER speed, even 1 mile over the posted limit. To do so would make you a law breaker.

Here's some more stupid laws. Wonder if you broke any of them...

Stupid Laws

It's human nature to recognize a stupid rule. Sorta like the TSA. People get it.

I agree that it is probably an uncessessary rule given the circumstances of that flight. However, if you had an aircraft with 350 people who, on final approach in hard IMC took out their cell phones to arrange for an airport pick up, you would have a problem.

The problem I have with Ms. Huffington is that her selfishness combined with an irresponsible FA caused an incident:

"Belodoff said when his attempts to notify the flight attendant grew fruitless, he yelled out in frustration."

Now yelling out and venting frustration is nearly as wrong as defying a cabin crew instruction, but the whole thing could have been avoided had she acted with a bit more restraint.

Ms. Huffington is not in a position to determine the effect on avionics of operating a cell phone (and neither is the FA), which is why the rule is in place. Should RJ's be exempted from the cell phone ban? They probably could, but no one is advocating that right now.

If passengers can pick and choose which rules they follow the FA's would lose control of the cabin.

There are thousands of out dated and stupid laws in this country. In Boston it's illegal to drive a car into the city without first walking into town and announcing you are bringing a car.

How do you reconcile your belief that ALL rules should be followed? I suppose you NEVER speed, even 1 mile over the posted limit. To do so would make you a law breaker.

Here's some more stupid laws. Wonder if you broke any of them...

Stupid Laws

No, never any on that list.

I never said I don't break rules. Speeding on the freeway for example, but when I get caught I don't say "I was just keeping up with traffic". I'm just saying that I take responsibility for my actions and I teach my children to do the same thing, not this BS blame the other person for my actions.

You are a prime example of what's wrong with this country. How's that feel?

If you mean I am part of the problem by holding people accountable of their actions and taking responsibility for my own actions and teaching my children the same thing...then it feels wonderful, thank you.

Last edited:
Your all stupid for trying to prove stupid points to stupid people. I'm even stupider for reading this thread.

Your all stupid for trying to prove stupid points to stupid people. I'm even stupider for reading this thread.
You are stoopid! Stupidhead!

Latest resources

Back