The Handle Broke....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tubelcane

The Handle from my "wingman" broke. I guess that's what put this guy out of business. Mine lasted 2 years. Well, Im off unti Dec. 12th, so I need a new bag. Would you guys mind giving feedback on your wheelie bags. Which one do you use? How do you like them? Any Strong Bag or Luggage Works people? Thanks

Costco. It has plenty of space and is good quality, but if it does happen to break, you can just return it for another.

I like my Strong bag. Mine is an older one with a few problems with zipper grabs and wheel well plastic that broke. I got replacement parts no problem and then the guy followed up to all his customers and said his new model fixed these issues. It's big. Goes in all the 73s I fly and leaves room for the other bag just fine.

*I've also had a Luggage Works and I think the Strong bag is better. Certainly better priced.

Last edited:
Oh, I thought this was gonna be a thread about somebody ripping on military dudes. I saw "handle" and "wingman" and the curiosity spiked.

Any who.....I bought my last bag off ebay. It was a lightly used, hardside, Samsonite drag bag. BulletProof.

I like my PurdyNeat... sure it looks like the hasty breeding of a duffel bag and filing cabinet but it's its a quality product. Me thinks its made in the USA too.

El cheapo from Sears. And it will surely break during the warranty/return period so you go back and keep getting a new one every year.

I've been using a Luggage Works for a couple of months now. Definitely impressed with the quality and construction of the bag, it is way overbuilt. The one downside to it being built like a tank is it weighs as much as a tank. It has a padded compartment for laptop which is a big plus for me. Overall a very nice product.

I did the Costco bag for years, but every time I took it back for another one, the price had gone up and they made me pay the difference. I got tired of that and decided that although the bag is decent, it isn't worth $130, which is what they cost now. So I bought a Strongbag, and I LOVE it. The zipperpulls on the back came off, but they're easy to fix. I think it's a better bag than the Costco bag, but the Costco is cheaper...

I had Wingman. Handle broke too - twice. First time he sent me a replacement. Second time he was out of business.

Got the Costco. It lasted about 1.5 years and then a wheel sounded like it was gonna fall off. Took it back a couple of weeks ago and got full refund (99.) Bought the newest version (113?). Seems like a good bag with lots of room. When it breaks I'll take it back for a refund and buy the new version (repeat every 1.5 years...)

Latest resources

Back