Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MLBWINGBORN

Freedom Fighter
Hey guys and gals in the "pool" as well as others..

Sorry i havnt been around for a few days but ive been pretty busy..

I thought i might share a few thoughts as a result of several conversations ive had with both former and current "poolies"..

Some time ago while looking for info about the hiring process at SWA i came across this board..

To this day i feel that the info shared by the members of this board resulted in my getting hired by SWA..Trust me when i say it is something that has had a huge impact on my life and something that i have hoped to have a small part in making happen for others..

Thats pretty much why the "pool list"was started.. Many of us have continued to support this board by getting questions answered and posting info as it becomes available from various sources..

But..How do we know its working?Are we having the desired impact and providing both support and a service to our fellow "poolies"..?

I say a loud and clear YES!

The participation of former poolies is growing..
The number of questions and postings to the questions are growing...
The types of questions are getting better and the answers are being posted faster..

And lastly..

I had the pleasure of riding the shuttle with a former SWA poolie today at BWI as he was going home after completing his IOE..

The conversation turned to this board and he discribed the impact this board COULD have had on his time spent in the "pool"..
You see...He was the ONLY one out of a class of 19 that wasnt listed on the "pool list"!!The rest of his class mates couldnt understand how he didnt know about this great board!!!

I think that is just great!!!

So to all of you that have been a "poolie" and have contributed to this board as others before you have done..
Thank you for your time,energy,and support!

To those of you that read this board and work in the background helping our poolies please know that there are many of us that will never forget your efforts..

And lastly...To my fellow "poolies"
Please keep asking the tough questions and passing the info around..It can only increase the level of both service and support that this great board can provide...

Mike

Dittos!!

Great post Mike! I, too, know that this board tremendously helped me in the interview process at SWA....along with a few friends! :)

While we're on the subject of questions and answers, can you post the email address again for John Pansmith....I need a new set of PASS Flash Cards.

Thanks for all your help and information.:D

W8n4swa:cool:

Where's the nearest Wendy's in DAL?:p

PASS Cards

W8n,

Here is the address I have for John...

John Pansmith
[email protected]
480-963-5005

The compuserve address may be old. I think I saw a direct link on one of the domicile websites.

Cheers,
Hooch

Dan..

The nearest Wendys is...

5502 Harry Hines Blvd
Dallas Tx 75235

If you want to make a reservation their phone # is..

215-631-1803..

No reservation is required for late night walkups to the drive thru if all you want is a Frosty..

Mike

SentryIP, Hooch & MLB,

Thanks again for the quick responses and info. It's always a pleasure to log in and get the daily dose of flightinfo.com!

Yes, Mike, the Frosty will be well earned at the end of a long training day....wonder how well it mixes with Wild Turkey!:D

W8n4swa:cool:

and,

not to mention that having a sounding board with "hundreds" of fellow poolies who are sharing the same "life".

Just when I am feeling down, thinking that this wait is dragging on, that I might go CRAZY with the endless tredding...... one of my fellow Pool Rats, or former Rats chime in with an inspirational post - OR, I hear how someone is teaching, working @ Home Depot, answering phones in a call center, changing diapers, or some "other" career path while waiting for the phone to ring, inviting another 20 of us into the SWA family!

A sincere THANKS to everyone.... also, happy anniversary! I just passed 1 year in the pool a few days ago!!!! Glad to be here - can't wait to move on, thanks again for EVERYone's support and advice here on Flightinfo.

Have a great evening - God Blees our friends and families @ War for Freedom.

Tred

Latest resources

Back