• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The French are coming!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can anyone tell me the last time a 330 actually gave an offload of fuel?

And until the KC-135 contract was let, a 707 hadn't either, so that argument goes out the window.

No USAF KC-767 has run a drop of JP down a boom either!

But for sure, Boeings past contract history, with the Government, had an impact on the decision. When senior management goes to jail over a business deal, thats not a good thing. A Government contract PCO is not going to hang his sierra over the fence over a multi billion dollar deal.

Who is running this country, a bunch of foreigners?

We let foreign investors take over our credit problems and then let them build our military jets for up to $100 billion. I'm I taking crazy pills or is this the end of the USA as we know it?

What is next???

Welcome to the "Global Economy". The next 20 years will be enlightening to say the least - may be a good thing for commerce and government but not the average Joe.

Who is running this country, a bunch of foreigners?

We let foreign investors take over our credit problems and then let them build our military jets for up to $100 billion. I'm I taking crazy pills or is this the end of the USA as we know it?

What is next???
It is not the first time that the US has bought a foreign airplane.. BaE Hawk, aka T-45, and the English Electic Canbera Bomber, aka B-57. The B-57 was actually built under license though and both were British products if that makes you feel better. I can't think of anything else off of the top of my head.

Of course the 330 is a better platform than the 767; it's a generation newer. Likewise the 777 and 787 are both better than the 330. Here's another twist: as several have said, one size doesn't fit all. Why wasn't the contract for multiple aircraft of different sizes, say 30 767s and 100 737s?

It is not the first time that the US has bought a foreign airplane.. BaE Hawk, aka T-45, and the English Electic Canbera Bomber, aka B-57. The B-57 was actually built under license though and both were British products if that makes you feel better. I can't think of anything else off of the top of my head.

Let us not forget the HAWKER Harrier GR-1. . . the original lawn dart. . .

Let us not forget the HAWKER Harrier GR-1. . . the original lawn dart. . .

OK, but at least it's British. I can take a British airplane. They have always been one of our best allies and have proven very grateful for what the U.S. has done for them. The French, on the other hand...
:puke:

OK, but at least it's British. I can take a British airplane. They have always been one of our best allies and have proven very grateful for what the U.S. has done for them. The French, on the other hand...
:puke:

I'm not fan of the french and would rather see the new tanker come from boeing (however I agree like some said that the french plane is better than boeing's 767 offering) but you guys seem to forget that without the help of the french we would have never won our independence in the first place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolution

Latest resources

Back