• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Fix Is In

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At least that's what every text I've received today says. More than two dozen guys are seeing exactly what management's idea of fair and equitable is; totally ignore seniority to promote the least qualified. Support your union.

post the list. or are you just stirring the pot?

Not going to post names in direct violation of the terms of service. Nice try at getting me banned though.

ok, so how far down the list did they go on captain awards? We all know that mgt is handing out upgrades to the transfers and flex guys like halloween candy while the UNION is fighting over the fence agreements

At least five guys senior to him were passed over.

Right on cue, just in time to set in fears of furloughs and a downturn in profitability that management is trying to "deftly counter" in terms of market trends, a call for voluntary early retirement to stave off the need for "more drastic measures" gets emailed out to the pilots.

Is it just me or there a playbook or something they really do follow? I know several of the Union people predicted exactly this would happen. Interesting.

I guess they know the stall tactics they are playing out in federal court will only work for so long and they need to set the stage now for the eventual arbitration proving they can't afford a netjets type CBA.

Don't believe the hype. If they spent just a portion on the contract of the millions spent fighting the union, we'd be the best paid pilots to ever sit in a cockpit.

The audacity of these people. Seriously? I didn't think it could get more ridiculous and then this happens.

Every time they have a chance to actually win some support they just make the union option look better and better. And poorly timed. Today is the last day pilots have to pay their dues. You'd think they would have at least waited until tomorrow to make such a bad chess move.

It's actually a very good move. There you go again under estimating KR. We are furloughing pilots. So the majority of these non union supporters which is 49.9% aren't gonna shell out money to a union they don't support and then get furloughed on top of that. They are gonna save every penny they can hope the union goes away and KR takes care of his loyal followers.

Now the million dollar question...

Will KR furlough the Flex pilots in order of senority starting with the Flight Options transfer pilots going first or will he come up with a bespoke procedure?

We all see from the lawsuit that he really cares about his pilots senority list.

Afterall, employees are the foundation of a service company.

Latest resources

Back