The end of Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
short term

If all business was conducted with the short term thinking of these boards, we would be in deep trouble.

Grim Reaper said:
No reductions at GS YET!!. When the frist round goes down range in Iraq we will all see what happens.

UAL is in the crapper. American Airlines to follow. Delta, NW, Cont, all continue to furlough. Corporate jet sales in the crapper. All the privat jet builders in ICT have made substancial reductions. GS ain't gonna go forever without putin' some folks on the streets. Another case of, Oh!, How the mighty have fallen. Also, ask an EJI guy how many new G-IV or G-V the company accepted in 2002.

GR .... How about a little more optimism? We ALL know things are bad, but this isn't productive. :(

short term

If all business was conducted with the short term thinking of these boards, we would be in deep trouble.

flexpilot said:
Still wonder how they are going to sell airplanes if they don't make them anymore!

Fella, you are dense.

If you'd actually read the article, you would have noticed the important use of the adverb "temporarily" in referring to the Lear production lines. If you'd actually read the article, you might have picked up some context for the story ie. that the economy is limping and the market for all private aircraft is weak. If you'd actually read the article you might have noticed the analyst mention that these market conditions are cyclical and "not the end of the world." If you'd actually read the article, you wouldn't have started a thread under the heading of "The end of Flexjet?" Well done, you are a credit to pilots everywhere and to aviation as a whole.

Last edited:
Geez, turn your head for a minute!

Man! I've been busy for a few weeks and I come back here and Flexjet is going out of business?

Wow! I left just in time!

Let me see, Third largest aircraft manufacturer in the world is gonna "fold" over a downturn in the economy? Shutdown there own "marketing tool" for selling their products?Naaaaahhhhhh!

Flex wasn't for me, but they do have pretty deep pockets, and they are a pretty conservative company (my opinion).

Every other organization in the world is hunkering down for the down economy, why wouldn't Flex?

Then again, I always told my buddies there "there may be a things to do list up in Montreal that says

"OK on May 5th, wash the dishes, take out the trash, and close down Flexjet".

That was one of my reasons for leaving, I just couldn't get a feel for which way they were headed.

To my buddies there, take care!

Iv'e been with NJA for 6 years and I've been priveleged to fly with pilots from all backgrounds and experience. For the most part 98 percent are great and contribute to making this a great career.

I know that quite a few people post on this and other web sites under the false guise of a fellow NJA pilot while slinging all types of talk at fellow aviators outside of NJA.

Let me say that I know it hurts to be kicked while your down and I hope that none of my fellow bretheren stoop so low to slam our fellow competition. The last couple of years I've worked with both Flex and TA/FlightOptions pilots who have crossed over to NJA and they are just as pleasant and capable as anyone else we have here.

I hope that none of them find themselves out pounding the pavement, as the competition causes us to strive that much more. Afterall the competition is good.

But lets get real and behave a little more professional with oneanother. For the most part I think everyone here at NJA feels the same as I do and those posting otherwise essentially are impersonators trying to create a fire.

If the worst comes to worse at our competiton, I'll gladly fly with any of them. After all we all know how small the aviation comunity is. I've seen too often where people should have been careful of thier dealings with others since it turned out they needed them on the way down.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back