Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

amcnd

www.atwonline.com

Delta Air Lines filed a motion last week with the US Bankruptcy Court to reject a number of leases and agreements for facilities at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport. The carrier said it remains committed to serving the airport but needs to use airport facilities "in the most efficient and cost effective way possible" in order to emerge from bankruptcy protection.

Last edited:
amcnd said:
www.AWTonline.com

Delta Air Lines filed a motion last week with the US Bankruptcy Court to reject a number of leases and agreements for facilities at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport. The carrier said it remains committed to serving the airport but needs to use airport facilities "in the most efficient and cost effective way possible" in order to emerge from bankruptcy protection.

No, this a way to negotiate. CVG doesn't want to lose another major player like DHL. They are even building another runway. It would all go to waste, and there isn't enough O&D traffic to support a local hub for a LCC. Hardball negotiations I guess. DL is doing the same thing with LAX right now for terminal 5.

Bye Bye--General Lee

18R/36L is open. Has been for a while...and it sucks b/c we don't really need it. Plus I can give you a great deal on an air cargo sort/ramp facility!

General Lee said:
No, this a way to negotiate. CVG doesn't want to lose another major player like DHL. They are even building another runway. It would all go to waste, and there isn't enough O&D traffic to support a local hub for a LCC. Hardball negotiations I guess. DL is doing the same thing with LAX right now for terminal 5.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Man o man... I hate to tell you that building a runway will have NO effect on DL remaining in CVG. Look no further than STL for that irrational thinking. STL has a nice new runway that cost millions upon millions that now sees very little if any action. And this runway was built for TWA, which went out of business before they even began. STL did not want to lose TWA either, but TWA/AA did not give a rats ass about the city and I am sure if it means survival, DL won't either.

General Lee said:

Bye Bye--General Lee

The runway has been open for some time, and 18C/36C I believe is going to be closed for a while for repaving and to finish the new taxi-way work.

CVG will still be a hub for DL, they don't have the space in ATL to pick up the extra passengers that go through cvg. The 50 seaters out of both ATL and CVG are all ready fly flying full. If mainline gets a bunch of 100 seaters, I could see it happening, but then ATL's RJ ops will be downsized also.

EMBPILOT1 said:
Man o man... I hate to tell you that building a runway will have NO effect on DL remaining in CVG. Look no further than STL for that irrational thinking. STL has a nice new runway that cost millions upon millions that now sees very little if any action. And this runway was built for TWA, which went out of business before they even began. STL did not want to lose TWA either, but TWA/AA did not give a rats ass about the city and I am sure if it means survival, DL won't either.

I know that. I am saying it was a waste, because DHL has packed up and left for ILN, and DL is shrinking there in CVG. That was my point, a waste.

Bye Bye--General Lee

DHL is still responsible for the lease on that facility, however I don't believe they were a signatory carrier. CVG did lose landing fees from them, however.

That 3rd runway would have been useful last summer before all the Comair and Delta cutbacks. True that by December when it opened it really wasn't useful. I used it all of once (not that I was flying much by the time it opened)

The only good that new runway did me was serve as an alarm clock at 8am going in there before 18R got added to the TAWS database. God damn thing wouldn't shut it about the terrain untill the wheels touched the pavement.

Same thing happened in MSP when 35 first opened. Just hit the override button like the memo said to do... back to sleep now.

Latest resources

Back