• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

grog_sit_reserv

Crashcave Lounger
West Leaves CLT, Decides To Go Home And Do Laundry

Sorry, but ALG's thread makes it seem like the West is being unreasonable.... ALG, while I see you pretty much retracted your statement in the second post, why not re-title your thread something like: "East and West Can't See Eye to Eye" or something.

Well, now not sure what happened... It was said in a CLT meeting that the West walked... However, just found this on the ALPA board...

Joint Statement from the East and West Steering
Committees​
February 8, 2008​
The East and West Steering Committees met at a neutral location for ten days to explore consensual solutions to our respective needs. The talks were cordial, and each side now has a clearer understanding of each other's issues. Talks concluded on Thursday afternoon. At this time, no further meetings are scheduled, but talks may resume at a later date.​

Last edited:
It probably went something like this: East pilots "DOH or nothing".

Someone please tell me the rumors I've heard aren't true; that ALPA may consider throwing the west FO's under the wheels of the bus in order to save from being thrown out and replaced by USAPA?

HAL

Last edited:
Someone please tell me the rumors I've heard aren't true; that ALPA may consider throwing the west FO's under the wheels of the bus in order to save from being thrown out and replaced by USAPA?

HAL

How is ALPA going to hurt the FO's? Explain the rumor.

Let me guess, "Fences for America West F.O's only?"

F- that. If I were over their I'd be in my reps faces non stop about this one...

3rd hand rumor, so its accuracy is questionable, but it says that ALPA will accept a new seniority list that puts every east pilot that had been a Captain at one time above all west FO's, in exchange for USAPA dropping its bid to oust ALPA.

HAL

If that ever moves beyond the rumor stage,then I'll send in a de-cert card. NO F-N WAY!!

PHXFLYR

3rd hand rumor, so its accuracy is questionable, but it says that ALPA will accept a new seniority list that puts every east pilot that had been a Captain at one time above all west FO's, in exchange for USAPA dropping its bid to oust ALPA.

HAL

I bet John Prater would like that, but I would say that 3rd hand rumor is nothing more than someone letting his imagination run wild. I would chock that up to amateur hour pontification.

Last edited:

HAL

The election is out of USAPA's hands and ALPA's hands.

It wouldnt surprise me, this is the same kind of ALPA throwing the junior guy under the bus crap that has been going on for years.

Only problem is the east & west mec's do not control the voting for USAPA.
I guess they would be trying to sway just enough east guys, with the same "I got mine so up yours" attitude so the vote will fail.

Latest resources

Back