The Daz attempts to acquire ABX AIR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aaaaaand they're off!

Thankfully I already have an app in at ABX so that when AStar buys ABX, after I've been hired over there as a F/O, I'll be more senior than any of pilots currently senior to me at AStar, after the buyout.......plus I'll already be a Teamster......seeeeet!

Thaaaats right.......stayin one step ahead uhhuh.

Awe yeeeah.

I just hope I can get on over there!

Aaaaaand they're off!

Thankfully I already have an app in at ABX so that when AStar buys ABX, after I've been hired over there as a F/O, I'll be more senior than any of pilots currently senior to me at AStar, after the buyout.......plus I'll already be a Teamster......seeeeet!

Thaaaats right.......stayin one step ahead uhhuh.

Awe yeeeah.

I just hope I can get on over there!
so are you gonna get two votes on the affiliation vote??:laugh:

We ALL HAVE JOBs!!!! DRINK UP GUYS!!! GO ASTAR And ABX AIR. The new company name will be ---

STARBEX. Coffee any one?

Last time I counted, there were more Teamsters than ALPA members for the affiliation vote.

LOL You guys crack me up! You should do some reading. Start with the RLA and then then start learning a little about John Dasburg. I don't think your going to like what you find. However I predict that your union will finaly make an effort to at least talk to ALPA. I mean they are working on your next contract.

Last edited:
Relax boys and girls, one carrier represented by one union is going to have tremendous leverage and DHL has deep pockets with which to pay. US Air/ AWA shows how it will go. Lots of variables, some to particular advantage, some not. This could actually be a good deal, a Phoenix rising from the ashes of two train wrecks - assuming Hete can be bulldozed out of the way.

LOL You guys crack me up! You should do some reading. Start with the RLA and then then start learning a little about John Dasburg. I don't think your going to like what you find. However I predict that your union will finaly make an effort to at least talk to ALPA. I mean they are working on your next contract.

I'm less worried about the integration than flying with this tool.

Hete will go for the right price. Remember he is now going to be know as "Tokyo Joe". He knows his future is in hauling rubber dog $h!t out of hong kong and not fighting with the yellow monster.

Any thoughts on his starting his own ACMI with the 76's that he says the Asian market loves. Can he get them from ABXAir, does he own the conversion slots at for the cargo doors? What about the Ops Certificate is Astar going to get it or will Joe take it to Japan, it does have CatII/III on it ya know.

Lots of questions, so few answers

P.S. just posted a proffer for 11 more 767 crews. Three classes added. 4 in July 4 in Aug and I think 3 in Sept. That Asian base is going to be huge......

Not that my Crystal ball is any better than anyone else's, but why in the H*ll would DHL or the ABX shareholders let Hete take the newest aircraft.

As far as the conversion slots, ABX owns those, not Joe.

Latest resources

Back