• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The continued screwing of the Midex Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess that means that if RAH keeps the Air Bus that the senior guy at RAH could bid over to them and the higher pay scales.

That will ONLY work if the F9 list is integrated with the RAH list. It's likely F9 is going to be operated separately, and in my opinion, the Airbuses will go away and that flying will be replaced, as did the MidEx flying.

RAH pilots and planes cannot genuinely replace Frontier pilots and planes for the simple fact that the Embraer does not have the same range and payload abilities as the Airbus. Likewise, the RAH contract does not allow a senior pilot to bump another pilot out of equipment or base. Even if the number 1 RAH/F9 combined list pilot is a CHQ 145 driver, he cannot take the seat of the most junior F9 airbus captain.

The 717 and the E190 are similar in range, and can carry similar payloads (in terms of how Midwest was utilizing the 717). The E190 basically could replace the 717, and not require any compromising of the existing route structure.

That will ONLY work if the F9 list is integrated with the RAH list. It's likely F9 is going to be operated separately, and in my opinion, the Airbuses will go away and that flying will be replaced, as did the MidEx flying.

So you think it's rational to replace an aircraft that is making money with a 6.5 cent casm (the Airbus) with a smaller machine that brings with it a 7.5 cent casm (the 190) ??? Thank you for "your opinion."

How do these rates compare to the RAH rates?

Republic 20 Year Scale Captains 50-119/hr. FO 23-37/hr.

Midex 16 Year Scale Captains 82-153/hr. FO 41-100/hr.

Frontier 14 Year Scale Captains 111-156/hr. FO 37-94/hr.

If there isn't growth, or a new contract, I would hate to be a Republic FO. $37/hr as the top of scale for twenty years of service, that is incredible to me.

When is the Rev. gonna sit down with you guys and write some liveable rates? How long have you been in negotiations? Are you in mediation yet? Has there been a strike vote? Have you done anything to try to move the process forward, or are you all just interested in building time so that one of the few remaining decent airlines will hire you? I ask because, if you have 5 or 10 year FO's flying 100 passenger jets around for $37/hr., I'm not sure there's going to be too many good flying jobs left.

This industry is not the same one that I joined 20 years ago, and I realize that it will probably never come back to what it once was, but the race to the bottom has got to stop.

Flame away.

So you think it's rational to replace an aircraft that is making money with a 6.5 cent casm (the Airbus) with a smaller machine that brings with it a 7.5 cent casm (the 190) ??? Thank you for "your opinion."

I would argue there are plenty of city pairs out of DEN that the E-jets can easily replace the larger airbuses and be profitable. I would expect when the dust settles, you'll see the airbus doing mostly the long-haul stuff out of DEN.

RAH pilots and planes cannot genuinely replace Frontier pilots and planes for the simple fact that the Embraer does not have the same range and payload abilities as the Airbus. Likewise, the RAH contract does not allow a senior pilot to bump another pilot out of equipment or base. Even if the number 1 RAH/F9 combined list pilot is a CHQ 145 driver, he cannot take the seat of the most junior F9 airbus captain.

The 717 and the E190 are similar in range, and can carry similar payloads (in terms of how Midwest was utilizing the 717). The E190 basically could replace the 717, and not require any compromising of the existing route structure.

By the way, the 717 has no where near the range of the 190. That's one of the multitude of reasons that it should pay mainline rates and not be treated as a small regional jet.

How will the Delta pilots scope clause affect RAH's contract as a Delta Connection carrier in the light of the RAH aquisitions?

Latest resources

Back