• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The continued screwing of the Midex Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a feeling that the ATN MEC would be more than happy to push the company to give preferential hiring for former MEA pilots.
PCL_128, please don't waste any time pushing management on this issue. Please use your time with management on bigger issues to our pilot group. Midwest MEC already spoke on their opinion about Airtran. Their pilot group didn't recall the MEC so I have to believe the pilot group was behind the MEC.

I have plenty of good friends at regional airlines that would love to be at Airtran. I would much rather fly with them someday rather than some bitter Midwest guys. They tied their support to Hoeksma. Why shouldn't they take responsibility for that decision? Noone takes responsibility for their decisions nowadays.

Maxblast, wake the hell up, fool. Midwest had 350+ plots. There were plenty of pilots who wanted the merger. We've hired 30+ retired Delta guys. They've been great to fly with. I'd welcome any Midwest Pilots, with the notable exception of F.I. poster Chuck Yogurt/whatever/Fireman (anyone remember that d0ucheb@g?).

Unfortunately, it's all a moot point, since we're not hiring, and probably won't be until new airplanes start showing up in a couple of years, or if some other airline starts hiring again so our Pilots have somewhere to go.

Why won't RAH do the same thing to F9

F9 CA goes from $111 to $156, FO $37 to $94. 14 year scale

MidEx CA is $82 to $153, FO $41 to $100. 16 year scale.

After looking at the pay scales it looks like it might save alot of money if they fly F9 routes with RAH airplanes and crews. Will be interesting to see all this!

F9 is not viable in its current state. If it were, they wouldn't have been in BK. With that said, anyone that thinks F9 will continue to be operated as a stand-alone outfit is just crazy.

There is no reason to think F9's flying won't be replaced as the MidEx flying has.

F9 is not viable in its current state. If it were, they wouldn't have been in BK.

While Frontier had been losing money, they were forced into bankruptcy by a credit card company withholding funds. While I'm no accounting guru, it would seem the loss of that expected cash flow didn't allow them to meet obligations, hence the filing.

Frontier *has* been profitable over the last many months, however...

Latest resources

Back