Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C

CaptainMark

Virgin America plans to operate into these airports....DFW..PHX..LAS..SFO..SLC..SEA..
IAH..DEN..MSY..TPA..SRQ..MCO..PBI..FLL..
MIA..JAX..ATL..RDU..CLT..MCI..IND..ORD..
CLE..CVG..PHL..EWR..BOS..BWI...WATCH OUT LCCs...

Willy Wonka: The suspense is terrible... I hope it lasts.

180ToTheMarker said:
That'll be the first virgins I've seen in a while in the A T L :laugh:

you guys joke...but branson is coming guns ablazing...33 airbusses at peanut pilot payrates...and with the LCCs losing money it will not be pretty...they are starting with 177mill..jb started with 135...run and hide..the british are coming!

CaptainMark said:
...at peanut pilot payrates...

Pay rates won't save an airline, and it sure won't sink it. Good management with a great credit rating and the knowledge of how to run an airline without losing money is the key.

CaptainMark said:
you guys joke...but branson is coming guns ablazing...33 airbusses at peanut pilot payrates...and with the LCCs losing money it will not be pretty...they are starting with 177mill..jb started with 135...run and hide..the british are coming!

That wasn't a joke. I really haven't seen a virgin in Atlanta for a long time....oh....you mean joking about the airline. Well, I figure I can't do anything about it so why lose sleep over it? If Branson doesn't do it, somebody else will. There will always be pilots willing to work for peanuts and there will always be management folks looking to make a buck and then cut and run. Then the cycle will begin anew.

CaptainMark said:
Virgin America plans to operate into these airports....DFW..PHX..LAS..SFO..SLC..SEA..
IAH..DEN..MSY..TPA..SRQ..MCO..PBI..FLL..
MIA..JAX..ATL..RDU..CLT..MCI..IND..ORD..
CLE..CVG..PHL..EWR..BOS..BWI...WATCH OUT LCCs...
Watch out everyone! Even cargo is get sketchy with the whole DHL,Astar,Airborne fiasco

Didn't we beat the British once?

canyonblue said:
Pay rates won't save an airline, and it sure won't sink it. Good management with a great credit rating and the knowledge of how to run an airline without losing money is the key.

Yeah, but thats not the point. For 5,6,7 years they can run around the states charging $50 a seat across the Country, cutting into everyones RPSM! (Even LCC king B6)

I can't wait for the day that Dave & Dave come to you guys and say; "Because of other LCC's cutting into our yeilds, we have to have relief from our crews expenses."

Actually that's sad for me to say. I don't want your pay cut, I want you guys to continue to go up in pay. A better way to say it is; "I think it will suck the day Dave & Dave cut your pay with a memo, and no input from a single crewmember."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back