Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Bombardier C-Series is coming... Who will order it in the US beyond Republic?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

Canadian buddy just sent me this video. This is my first visual exposure to the airplane although I have heard about it. Looks like very well designed airplane - no surprise as I am a Bombardier fan with time in the CL300 and Lears. Evidently the C-Series has had manufacturing delays and first flight should happen in the next week or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHqOOREKlIU

My buddy mentioned Republic has some orders but may not execute them. Who else could order them in the States? UAL? Seems like Embraer is beating Bombardier to the punch with orders. I am sure scope issues could make this aircraft a touchy subject with the legacy pilots - that's why I hope they fly them if they are ordered.

Pretty airplane! But pretty don't pay the bills... Yes, let's hope legacy pilots fly it. Would be great if Republic could sell those order positions to UAL or one of the LCCs. The bigger CS300 version could work for legacies with more seating capacity (130-150 seats).

Last edited:
Tell me how this airplane will be better than or last longer than a B737 or A320

The marketing literature (believable or not) states a 20% fuel burn advantage over comparably sized aircraft. It can also operate long range from short fields like London City Airport. So, it is a very capable performer ON PAPER. Now, it still hasn't flown yet, so not yet confirmed....

Nice looking airplane, but I have big doubts it will even ruffle the feathers of Boeing and Airbus. But that's just me...

Tell me how this airplane will be better than or last longer than a B737 or A320

It won't. Hopefully it fails miserably. The last thing this industry needs is Republic getting their hands on something like this. Theoretically, it's outlawed by scope, but If there's one thing Republic is damn good at, it's finding and exploiting loopholes in contracts.

Some big player will eventually place a massive order for them after Bombardier offers them at fire sale prices.

Hmmm maybe SkyWest with Alaska colors. Might give Embraer 175-190 series a run for the money.

I might be wrong but I think the C-series will be the first aircraft brought to market using geared fan technology (not sure if it's gonna beat the Neo). The 20% fuel savings might be for real.

There was a rumor that VX was looking at these. Also, Porter Airlines in Canada has big plans to fly the C series out of downtown Toronto to the west coast.

It could be a good plane. Pilots need to get smart and not get fooled by names -- Regional Jet equals B scale. Time to stop tripping over our egos and realize that no aircraft is too small to be flown by mainline.

Last edited:
The "C" is bigger than the E-170/195 series.

NWA was probably going to buy it to replace their DC-9s.

It will be 20% more efficient than the most efficient aircraft flying today.

The GTF engine (Geared Turbofan, by Pratt & Whitney) will also be used on the Mitsubishi MRJ and is one of the 2 engines to be available for the A-320 NEO family series. If scaled up and put on the new generation -777 it would, I think, be THE most efficient large aircraft, by far.

Latest resources

Back