• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Big Delta Announcement About Future Flying Today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm gonna go dig up all my recorded episodes of the Brady Bunch and get the jump on how this works.

Thanks, Andy...

I wish you all good luck...hopefully they don't get so far into merger mania that they later decide the are too big and start selling off PARTS of the company....Hopefully you all have protections in place for that.

Maybe Alaska is going to buy the new DAL/NWA with all the NON-borrowed $$$ in the bank!?!?!?!?!

Not Likely though ;(

Baja.

The other thing they talked about was up gauging routes with mainline aircraft. They spoke of the DC9 in the fact that now with fuel lower the DC9 will be a very valuable asset with no ownership costs. The quote was "yesterdays trash is today's treasure". Goes along with the DC9 bumper sticker that says "dont laugh its paid for" ;) It appears they will use the md80s and dc9s on previous RJ routes. They want to right size routes and frequency. for instance they mentioned instead of 2 flights a day from ATL-HNL they can run 1 flight on a 747. I suspect thats what they will do with RJs and DC9s and MD80s. Instead of 5 flights a day to BFE they can run 2-3 mainline flights and still move the same amount of seats. We'll see

The other thing they talked about was up gauging routes with mainline aircraft. They spoke of the DC9 in the fact that now with fuel lower the DC9 will be a very valuable asset with no ownership costs. The quote was "yesterdays trash is today's treasure". Goes along with the DC9 bumper sticker that says "dont laugh its paid for" ;) It appears they will use the md80s and dc9s on previous RJ routes. They want to right size routes and frequency. for instance they mentioned instead of 2 flights a day from ATL-HNL they can run 1 flight on a 747. I suspect thats what they will do with RJs and DC9s and MD80s. Instead of 5 flights a day to BFE they can run 2-3 mainline flights and still move the same amount of seats. We'll see

That makes total sense but I commute out of LIT and as of the first of the year they are cutting the mainline flights, 88's, from 2 and 5 or 6 RJ's to all RJ's. I was kind of hoping for 4 or 5 88's a day.

Maybe this is a fluid transition.

My goodness....This actually sounds like sound management!! Leave it to RA to steer a straight ship! Good to hear. Scrub those crappy RJ's and keep all the flying mainline!

Baja.

That makes total sense but I commute out of LIT and as of the first of the year they are cutting the mainline flights, 88's, from 2 and 5 or 6 RJ's to all RJ's. I was kind of hoping for 4 or 5 88's a day.

Maybe this is a fluid transition.

Just remember- we are all here to serve you-the profitable non-rev..... You are the key to our recovery plan!

-Profits Aplenty-especially from Africa.....

The general rule is they are going to right size the guage to the market and eliminate service to the bottom 10% markets as any airline should.

Latest resources

Back