the anti-noise brigade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crash-proof

Hi, doing some research on Stage III/IV and came across this tidbit!

http://www.nonoise.org/resource/trans/air/15things.htm

Some of these are ridiculous! My favorite is:

"Demand that airports and airlines pay the full cost of airline travel. Remove all FAA subsidies; increase landing fees to cover lost property value, insulation programs, health effects, and annoyance; increase fuel taxes to account for environmental and public health damage; and remove local subsidies."

These are probably sedentary folx who never flew a plane and have probably never travelled before. I don't get it...
:eek:

Wow. That stuff is downright ridiculous. A worldwide nigt curfew huh?

I've got number 16... DON'T LIVE NEXT TO AN AIRPORT!!!

When is the last time they built an airport right in the middle of a housing development? If you don't want your homes, churches and businesses to be affected by airport noise, don't build them next to an airport. If houses are going in next to an airport, you can be that traffic will be increasing at the airport as well. People are so stupid.

check out #12: minumum 2000agl for ALL aicraft, including choppers.

Hmmm, imagine the traffic news on the radio:
"Well, we SEE a highway, possibly I-95, with some cars, or trucks, but we're not sure. Our visibility has been reduced by some low-level clouds."

But seriously, I can't stand the unbearable thunder caused by low flying cessna 152's...

sorry for flaming, but there are some who can't live a day without makin life h*ll for others...

I live nearby a pretty large street. I'm going to ask these guys if they can give me pointers in seeing if I can convince the city to shut the street down.

I used to work at North County airport (F45) near PBI. When I asked why there was a 12,500# MTOW limit I was told it was for noise abatement and that there were noise monitors around the place.

This managed to keep out the most of the 'loud' bizjets. Instead we had all of the 'quiet' airplanes. Let's see...there were several P210's, some crop dusters, oh yeah a local warbird dealer kept his Douglas SkyRaider, a Beech Staggerwing, and SNJ there. Not to mention a P51 Mustang and a couple of experimentals that sounded like a Mustang.

But, the rich neighbors slept well knowing that the imposed weight restrictions would protect their sensitive ears.

Some people don't have a clue...

Last edited:
Ah i miss the pre-Stage times. Used to live in DC, right next to runway 15...and THE loudest and baddest plane there was undoubtedly the Coast Guard G-II. Hush kits? Never heard of them! Old 727s would also take off from 15, shaking all the windows in our apt. ahhhh.... :cool:

As from the last post, i'm sure the sound of a Texan on cold morning should rock the babies to sleep... :p

4fanman said:
I used to work at North County airport (F45) near PBI.

Hey i just realized, is that the airport with the gliders? I flew the glider there once...now I'm wonderin...from my recollection, there ARE no neighbors around that airport. It's all swamp!!! Did the gators and ducks complain about the noise???

Nice airport though...

Crash-proof,

Yup, they have (or at least had) gliders and they built the airport in the middle of a swamp so there are no homes in the immediate area. There is a community a couple of miles up the highway towards the Pratt & Whitney facility and the high-dollar neighbors towards Palm Beach Gardens.

This just makes it more dumbfounding as to why they imposed the weight restrictions. Maybe the gators and armadillos have senstive ears. I dunno. You'd think that with PGA National just up the road that a few golfers would like to park there.

4fm

Latest resources

Back