The Answer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Speed Turd

This simple! Decrease supply of incoming pilots! Since demand is slow, because the industry has reached capacity. The only way to increase wages for mainline, is by making it harder to become a airline pilot.

The only problem is how do you do this?

With con artists like Kit Darby and his PR machine it is hard to get the word out. He keeps preaching about pilot shortages ect. It takes guys flying the line to tell our kids and relatives to chose a different proffesion.
I still am bewildered that there are guys right now at schools like UND acccumulating 150,000 plus in debt to get a job paying 18,000 a year.

check out the rates at riddle. i heard their twins go for over $300/hr, solo.

N1atEcon said:
It takes guys flying the line to tell our kids and relatives to chose a different proffesion. .

I don't know that telling a kid to choose a different profession is the right thing to do. But if my kid wants to be a pilot I will make sure she is informed and I'll help her make the right decisions about training, etc. Just tell kids the reality of the profession and let them make the choice, but I certainly wouldn't discourage them.

Latest resources

Back