Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Airline Hat: what will become of it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
As my hairline continues to recede, the need to wear the hat continues also. I look better with it on, to be honest. But that doesn't mean it's worn on the ramp on a gusty day or if it's 100 degrees outside. If only "toolbags" wear hats at your airline, or if you hate wearing it at all, it's time to switch airlines isn't it? Or you need to get a life.

As my hairline continues to recede, the need to wear the hat continues also. I look better with it on, to be honest. But that doesn't mean it's worn on the ramp on a gusty day or if it's 100 degrees outside. If only "toolbags" wear hats at your airline, or if you hate wearing it at all, it's time to switch airlines isn't it? Or you need to get a life.

Thankfully, we don't wear hats. It's bad enough that we wear the Captain Steubing jacket in a corporate jet operation. "Julie and Gopher will meet you on the Lido deck..."

Sorry to break it to Rez, but professionalism in any field has very little to do with what you wear.

If you want too be payed like a professional than youud better dress like one.

I wear my hat with pride!

" If you want too be payed like a professional than youud better dress like one."

Also, becoming somewhat proficient in the English language will greatly enhance your credibility ( and the possibility of being percieved as a professional ) with those who may, or may not, be wearing the hats.

I'm just sayin'....

YKW

Last edited:
Nothing like seeing one of my "brothers" walking through the terminal without a hat, shirt wrinkled, loosened tie, head down, and looking sloppy. I get so tired of hearing pilots bitch about the public doesn't have any respect for pilots. About how management doesn't have any respect for pilots. Here's a thought...have a little respect for yourself. YOU'RE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE INDUSTRY! You want to be treated like a professional? Act like a professional. Look like a professional. With very few exceptions, you've all busted your asses to get to where you are. You've all EARNED the right to put on your uniform. You've EARNED the right to wear your hat. Quit trying to lower the bar! Stop looking like a bum. Stand up tall when you walk through the terminal. Have some pride in your uniform. Represent our profession proudly. You want to hate this job, go ahead...but don't drag me down in the eyes of the public with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back