The age old headset debate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Headsets

I love the bullet proof DC's I have used on and off for 15 years, but for long hauls I love my BoseX, comfortable and quiet. The batts last a long time and I think they are so quiet that I am slow to replace the batts after they quit, I mean months may go by. Look for Bose to make a smaller n/c before long.

Bose upgraded my X with a "high-tension spring" to eliminate the hot spots. It worked for the 6 hour sessions.

Oregon Aero makes a headset pad for the Bose X. It's the "Brand B" version, this solved the hot spots for the 8+ hour days.

Is Bose better than DC? I don't know. I do know that my progressive hearing loss stopped after 6 months of using the Bose. At 2 years, my hearing is back to pre-aviation levels. My AME does a full hearing test instead of the usual 'can you hear me now' stuff.

For the pressure the Bose exerts, one small research study found that the pressure does no harm to the ear. If the pressure becomes uncomfortable, it's fine to lift the ear cups and continue wearing them.

Now if I could just find a good solution for blocking the noise leaks around my eyeglass arms. . . Any ideas?

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back