Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Minimaniac

Benevolent Dictator
I was wondering if the US Airways pilots have heard of what is to become of the 15 E-190's that have not been purchased by RAH, and on what timetable. The reason I ask is that in a recent communication, a high level manager who will not be named appeared to say that the remaining US Airways 190s would be grounded during the upcoming winter months. I was caught off guard by this, as I would have expected those planes to continue to generate revenue in some form until a buyer had been found. I hope this is untrue, as I prefer to see as few casualties as possible in terms of jobs. It is a shame that the E-190 was not a permanent part of your fleet.

My disclaimer: The actual communication will not be specifically referenced, directly quoted, or linked in any way. I may have taken a statement out of context, or misinterpreted what was said. I may not have directly viewed or heard this information first hand.

What about UAL...

Did UAL park all of their Guppies in the desert for a later date, sell them or recycle them? Is UAL ever going to fly a Guppy again or has that ship sailed?

LUV

My disclaimer: The actual communication will not be specifically referenced, directly quoted, or linked in any way. I may have taken a statement out of context, or misinterpreted what was said. I may not have directly viewed or heard this information first hand.

If the communication was by your boss, Bryan Bedford, in his latest letter then I will give up that source, here's the quote...

US Airways has 15 additional E190 aircraft which will be grounded this winter

I'm sure Bedford knows the fate of those planes as he has probably already signed a letter of intent to purchase them.

Last edited:
"I'm sure Bedford knows the fate of those planes as he has probably already signed a letter of intent to purchase them."

Why did he use the term "grounded"? Why not "sold" or "liquidated"? "Grounded" implies kept as an asset but not flown, or perhaps sent to the desert for storage.

Latest resources

Back