Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Birdstrike

Atlantic City
As a lifelong Republican and Bush supporter and I'm scratchin my head on this administration. Consider:

$500 billion deficits to be passed to my kids.

An asinine prescription drug policy (why no Canadian drugs?)

A fear that Cheney and Rumsfeld are really in charge.

Incohesive immigration policies.

Corporations allowed to outsource to India or wherever and still take sizeable tax breaks.

A mile from where I work near DCA looks like (and is) a war zone but we have billions to rebuild Iraq??

No exit strategy for Iraq. Face it, some countries are never going to be able to handle democracy. Iraq is one.

I'm not quite ready to throw in my lot with Democrats but geez, what is up with this administration?

Bush just seems out of touch with the little guy's problems. We've got a major housing and jobs crisis in this country. Tax cuts aren't creating new jobs. Where's the beef?

You sound like a liberal. Feel free to jump over, you'll fit right in.

The gub'ment ain't here to nanny sit us, despite what we all learned growing up.

The gub'ment ain't here to nanny sit us, despite what we all learned growing up.
Most Centrists feel there is a HUGE difference between handouts/bailouts and taking care of America first.

You Right-wingers see only in black and white. This 'Us against Them' attitude colors the way you guys engage others on political issues, and quite frankly ... it makes you look rather rabid and 'cultish'. The truth, in politics and in life in general, is usually somewhere in the middle.

Open your mind ... open your eyes ... we've got BIG troubles in this country, and there's no one on the horizon as far as I can see, from either camp, who has the integrity and courage to get us back on track. All the name-calling and finger-pointing in the world - from Liberals and from Conservatives - won't change the fact that we're sucking wind right now as a nation, and no one party is responsible either. Each group has contributed equally to the corrupt and greedy machine which has robbed our children of their birthright.

:rolleyes:

Minh

Last edited:
The problems you allude to are cultural, not political. No one in government can make the changes that are needed in society today.

Birdstrike,

It is very sad indeed but all true. The the new administration will have plenty of work ahead to fix these $crew ups. I am amazed what this current president has been able to do thus far.. This country will be faced with these problems for years to come.

3 5 0

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No one in government can make the changes that are needed in society today
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe so but government loves to make changes anyway. A lot of bad ones over the past couple of years. So since they're going to meddle, I'd like to see priorities shifted to more bread and butter issues that assist Joe Sixpack rather than Don Trump. Has nothing to do with nanny sitting, it's about getting out of the way and stop spending money that's not there.

Birdstrike said:
$500 billion deficits to be passed to my kids.
This won't change your argument at all, but debts are passed on to future generations, not deficits.

Also, do you want to know how Democrats balance a budget? They tax the hell out of you, or dip into other programs like Social Security for cash (read: theft). Clinton and his Congress "balanced the budget" by both taking more of your money and moving some numbers around. At least the Republicans call a spade a spade.

Having said that, I too am appalled that Bush has offered to keep funding some of the old-school leeches like the National Endowment for the Arts.

Unfortunately after watching how this administration spends OUR money I have concluded that there is only one solution. This comes after being a lifelong Republican; (I actually believed that the party was for limited and responsible government!)

www.lp.org

Endowment for the Arts

I'm not one to start a fight but how much money do you think repressive theocracies like Saudi Arabia spend to promote "freedom of artistic expression."

Bush's first mistake was to give everybody their money back in 2001... not supporting culture even if it isn't "Dogs Playing Poker." ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back