• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

That sweaty thigh encroaching on your seat

CA1900

Big Member
Total Time
11000+
I just came across this:

Flying Large™ - Air Travel Tips for Big Passengers

Now, I'm not a tiny guy, and I feel for anybody who can't fit into a normal seat. But I'm not giving up part of my seat for you. These "Travel Tips" were interesting...

ARMREST UP - When you get to your seat immediately raise the armrest between the seats. This gives you some extra space. If no one sits in the middle seat you’re home free. Even if someone does sit there they probably won’t object to leaving it raised.
Guess again! I want it down to get your sweaty leg off of mine, if nothing else. If the armrest is up, I'm putting it down. If you ask if you can raise it up, I'm going to say "no."

OPEN SEATING - On flights with open seating ... go to the back rows in the cabin. Take an aisle seat. Toss your computer or purse in the middle seat. Raise the armrest. As other passengers board, encourage another single passenger to take the window seat then avoid eye contact with other boarding passengers as they come down the aisle. Unless the flight is very full the middle seat should remain empty

"Avoid eye contact." :laugh: Gotta love the Southwest game. I find violently hacking (mouthing "swine flu, I think") until a skinny chick comes down the aisle works well, too. :D

mitsdriver

Total Time
10000+
It all depends on who that thigh belongs to.

If it's that of a sweaty dude in cargo shorts, then yes, armrest down.....

If it's that of a shapely lady in a miniskirt and nylons, then the armrest will definately be up. :D :beer:

Hamburger

Total Time
5000+
I noticed nowhere on the site did it mention.

PUT DOWN THE GODDAMN TWINKIES!