• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CA1900

Big Member
I just came across this:

Flying Large™ - Air Travel Tips for Big Passengers

Now, I'm not a tiny guy, and I feel for anybody who can't fit into a normal seat. But I'm not giving up part of my seat for you. These "Travel Tips" were interesting...

ARMREST UP - When you get to your seat immediately raise the armrest between the seats. This gives you some extra space. If no one sits in the middle seat you’re home free. Even if someone does sit there they probably won’t object to leaving it raised.
Guess again! I want it down to get your sweaty leg off of mine, if nothing else. If the armrest is up, I'm putting it down. If you ask if you can raise it up, I'm going to say "no."

OPEN SEATING - On flights with open seating ... go to the back rows in the cabin. Take an aisle seat. Toss your computer or purse in the middle seat. Raise the armrest. As other passengers board, encourage another single passenger to take the window seat then avoid eye contact with other boarding passengers as they come down the aisle. Unless the flight is very full the middle seat should remain empty

"Avoid eye contact." :laugh: Gotta love the Southwest game. I find violently hacking (mouthing "swine flu, I think") until a skinny chick comes down the aisle works well, too. :D

It all depends on who that thigh belongs to.

If it's that of a sweaty dude in cargo shorts, then yes, armrest down.....

If it's that of a shapely lady in a miniskirt and nylons, then the armrest will definately be up. :D :beer:

I noticed nowhere on the site did it mention.

PUT DOWN THE GODDAMN TWINKIES!

Latest resources

Back