Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

iriefeet

thanks again to all those who replied.
I'm 5'8" 150-155, 20-20 or better vision, I don't know if any of you know if thta meets military requirments. I'm not sure about the 8-10 year commitment, but I was thinking abouth the air national guard, or a navy equivalent...if their is one. .....also some one mentioned ari - ben....anyone here positive or negatives abouthis school. ...
again I really appreciate your responses and info.

Also, someone also mentioned that the airforce will pay for your training at embry...if you sign up, any more info on this... thanx again
Luke

ari ben aviator

I have personal expereince at Ari Ben Aviator, and I regret ever going there. I lost $10,000, did not receive my ratings, was put into a dangerous living situation, and was taught by an instrcutor with a mere 27 percent pass rate.

I regret ever going there...I wish I had paid "more" at a reputable flight school. Now, I forced to pay for a very long time just because I gave Ari Ben Aviator all of the money I saved for school.

ok maybe not then!

I was thinking about going to ari-ben, but maybe i'm not so sure now!! I got the feeling from reading other posts that it was a good reputable school, not now.

Thanks FlyToVegas for your insight. Does anyone else have anything to add about this school????

Thanks
JB.

ARI

I would suggest touring them just like any other flight school one considers going to. I did personally and talked with many students. Allot that were dissatisfied with Pan Am and transferred over- also a student who decided against ATP after going there. Even one from Flightsafety. Everyone said they would do it again in a heartbeat.
The place was old but you are paying a hell of allot less than the big name schools (less overhead). More important is the maintenance and the condition of the aircraft. The planes are old Beach Duchesses but are very well maintained. One former student, who had finished the program, said he had no major maintenance issues the whole time flying there.
My overall impression was that they gave you allot of bang for your buck. Not as nice as bigger schools but amount of multi time gained and chance to instruct for the price cant be beat.
Good luck in whatever school you decide on.

Aviator

I attended Ari Ben Aviator professional pilot program back in febuary of 2000 and i can tell you what to expect from the school.

First of all, I would not recommend going there if you are a minority(ex. blacks, Asian, Hispanic). The owner (mike Cohens) thinks intelligence comes from the colour of your skin. That should explain the reason for the poor quality of instruction. To get you in the door they promise to hire you as an instructor, but what they dont tell is if they dont like you ....you are out the door.

Second, the aircrafts are a piece of ####(rhyme with ship)....alot worst that the usual crap your use to flying. their aircraft have auto pilot and radar....correction their aircraft have non working auto pilot and radar.

Third, they claim to use no simulator in their training program..which is true... who needs a simulator when you can experience the emergencies for real.

First off, those who are bashing Ari-Ben, are either at fault for their own lack of motivation, or ability (intelligence) to succeed.

Im currently going to the school, and it is great. I came over from the Pan Am pilot factory, and by far the training and level of Professionalism at Ari-Ben overshadows Pan Am's downright horrible business practices.

Ari ben is pretty much more Multi-Time, quality of experience, and true interaction and learning with your instructor for VERY cheap pricing.

The aircraft are NOT the newest,.. but you know what? Who cares,.. you do NOT need to have a garmin stack in order to fly.

To sum Ari-Ben up,.. it is like an FBO with a professional attitude, one that caters, and looks after its students. You get as much as you are willing to put in at the Aviator..

Oh, and the Whole "racial" crap that you guys are spewing is completey absurd. There are "black" and other creeds of people that go here, and no one cares. I think its sad that if someone doesnt succeed and they happen to be black/asian/white/whatever.... they throw in the "race" Card...

Give me a break.

Latest resources

Back