• Friendliest aviation community on the web
My tour last week
bos-teb-St. Thomas-pbi
stby
pbi-sfo
sfo-san-psp-den-ict
ict-dal-hpn-st thomas
st. thomas-teb-home

Yeah the X works hard. I would have gone with the 2000. It's the old man's airplane. Literally.

Of course i consider the X to be a death cruiser too.

2 hours in a X = 12 hours in a 747

Dart said:
i do 12hr legs anyway! Cant wait to fly the X.

Congrats!!!! I have heard that the X is the workhorse but that it is a great aircraft to fly. At least you got some good time in the 747 - that is a wonderful aircraft to fly as well. Good job!

Last edited:
Diesel.....you whine louder than your engines....According to the XL Newsletter I got the other day issued by our CP:

So far this year:

....the XL's have flown 4600 more cycles than the X.
with 5 fewer planes and the same number of crews

....the XL's have flown 700 more cycles and 3,000 hours more than the Ultra/Encores with 7 less planes then them and with 50 fewer crew members.

.....the X's are getting old and begining to show it. the XL's are coming off the line fresh.

...the X's can cover for everyone else and the legs are by far much longer and I think you guys do far too much back-side of the clock flying.

Its a great airplane...way to complicated for me. It should be a Class 3.

Do-82 You whine like a big haired jersey street girl.

Of course the XL has more cycles than the X. How many times do you have to stop going to the west coast?

Of course the XL has more cycles than the X it's a short leg HPN-ACK airplane.

Of course the plane is working harder than the encore/ultra the pax love them because of the cabin and apu for just a little more money.

Of course the XL has more cycles. Most of the italians that fly it are overweight and can only suck it in for so long. When they run out of that they have to let the belly out and it's time to land.

Oh and a X's Rolls Royce engines are whisper quiet. Nice big quiet engines with lots of bleed air. Enjoy the booted tail!

by the way ask your CP how many hours each fleet is flying. Apples to apples. :)

In case you haven't realized more cycles mean more pax and more pax to clean up after and more work you have to really do.

Diesel said:
Do-82 You whine like a big haired jersey street girl.

Of course the XL has more cycles than the X. How many times do you have to stop going to the west coast?

Of course the XL has more cycles than the X it's a short leg HPN-ACK airplane.

Of course the plane is working harder than the encore/ultra the pax love them because of the cabin and apu for just a little more money.

Of course the XL has more cycles. Most of the italians that fly it are overweight and can only suck it in for so long. When they run out of that they have to let the belly out and it's time to land.

Oh and a X's Rolls Royce engines are whisper quiet. Nice big quiet engines with lots of bleed air. Enjoy the booted tail!

by the way ask your CP how many hours each fleet is flying. Apples to apples. :)

In case you haven't realized more cycles mean more pax and more pax to clean up after and more work you have to really do.

Given that Dart had the choice between the X and the 2000, how hard does the 2000 fleet work relative to the X fleet?

I know that the 2000 flies more international (I presume a lot of Hawaii and some Europe) but given its range and performance numbers, it must fly quite a bit too. I would imagine that the 2000 would also fly mulitple legs per day and some long transcon flights during each tour like the X.

It's true that the flight deck on the 2000 is more ergonomic and having a flight attendant on board the 2000 would reduce pilot workload as well, but the flight profile and schedule has to be pretty similar to the X - right? Unless the X covers for more of the smaller, more popular aircraft like the XL, Ultra and Beechjet. I would imagine the 2000 would cover for similar sized or bigger aircraft like the Gulfstreams (G200 and GIV/V). Is the 2000 schedule typically as hectic as the X?

Last edited:
The 2000's don't really do much international to europe. They don't quite have the legs and the trips are just upgraded to GIV's because they are usually headed that way anyway.

The X's and 2000's do a lot of hawaii. The X's do some europe but not much.

If i were you I would have chosen the 2000 knowing that you'll be sitting there for a while. Might as well have an easy life while you're at it. The 2000 just doesn't work as much as the X. Plus the FA makes life a lot easier and your job is just in the cockpit.

Latest resources

Back