Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BSkin said:
wxman13 said:
Everyone deserves a little respect. Maybe we shouldn't rerate the pax so much (yes, the are ignorant sometimes), and yes, they definitely should respect the judgment of the flight crew more often than they apparently do.

I don't know about rerating, but derating them is an unfortunate, but true thing in this industry right now. What happens in your Cessna?
How about berating?

:)

Whatever you call it, I doubt that an "educational" conversation with such a moron would really have much of a positive effect, other than to allow the pilot to blow off some steam.

The scene in the terminal, however, where other passengers and potential passengers become witnesses to a pilot blowing off some steam at passengers, could potentially have a far more negative affect.

Ultimately, when there's no way to win, perhaps it's just better to grit your teeth and get on with life.

Hugh Johnson said:
"Fares what they are...you get all kinds of ignorant trailer trashbaggers."

This is the attitude more airline employees need. That "fare" pays your salary moron. You must be a ERU grad who can't believe they're not 777 CA yet. Go mow lawns, grass doesn't complain.

Seriously, have you been in a terminal lately? Tank tops, cut-off shorts, flip-flops, pajama bottoms, slippers, boxer shorts, running shorts, biker shorts, etc etc etc. Everyone flies these days and you would see the same type of people flying on Delta, UA, NWA, as you would see on a Greyhound bus. Pilots are bus drivers. Highly trained, highly intelligent, well-paid (mostly), bus drivers. The sophistication and elegance of airline travel is lon gone. Nothing should surprise any of us anymore. It's the American public writ large every time you get on an airliner. Heck, at the very least I would expect pax to "dress to egress" every once in a while!

**Related Hijack**

Deuce130 said:
Seriously, have you been in a terminal lately? Tank tops, cut-off shorts, flip-flops, pajama bottoms, slippers, boxer shorts, running shorts, biker shorts, etc etc etc. Everyone flies these days and you would see the same type of people flying on Delta, UA, NWA, as you would see on a Greyhound bus. Pilots are bus drivers. Highly trained, highly intelligent, well-paid (mostly), bus drivers. The sophistication and elegance of airline travel is lon gone. Nothing should surprise any of us anymore. It's the American public writ large every time you get on an airliner. Heck, at the very least I would expect pax to "dress to egress" every once in a while!

I don't know if it's people wearing flip flops, but honestly IF YOU MUST CLIP YOUR TOE NAILS FOR THE HOUR YOU'RE RIDING THE SAAB....CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF. Don't leave them in the carpet for me to try and dig out with the vacuum. How gross would it be to see the guy next to you with his shoes off and clippers out?

Remember the words of Sonny Corleone; "This isn't personal, it's business".

I think an example of how prevalent this has become, is when I hear Captains include in their briefing a request for 'everyone to show mutual respect and courtesy to fellow pax' .

Last edited:
"these idiots aren't worth delaying a flight, inconveniencing my other passengers, and costing my company money. I ignore it"

I appreciate the mission accomplishment attitude but to me its about protecting your airline, your crew and yourself. Even if you know it to be a false accusation and you depart, there are chances you may have to explain yourself at a later time. I'd rather preempt the whole issue by clearing myself beyond any doubt before I step foot on the plane,on my terms. I don't want to met at the destination to be met by local authorities who may treat you as guilty till proven innocent.

Alternative response:

"No problem........and thank you for not craping on the beverage cart or storming the cockpit! Have a wonderful time in South Florida; bu-bye."

Latest resources

Back