• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Thanks for not being drunk..."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Had this happen to me on an JFK to MCO flight when a pax asked my lead FA if the Capt. was drunk. After hearing that, I got my stuff,walked off the plane, told the gate agent about the comment and went to get tested. The company found a reserve pilot hanging around who flew the plane to MCO where it was met by the local police and corporate security. The passenger who made the comment was taken off the plane and basically told how much it cost the airline to replace a Captain, call out the police and the trouble it caused. They were let go with a stern warning and the sh1t scared out of them. Me, I got pay protected for the trip and an additional 1/2 hour of pay for drug testing

AlbieF15 said:
...I had the very same conversation with a nasty cargo pallet just last week...

lol....just wet myself lol.

"Fares what they are...you get all kinds of ignorant trailer trashbaggers."

This is the attitude more airline employees need. That "fare" pays your salary moron. You must be a ERU grad who can't believe they're not 777 CA yet. Go mow lawns, grass doesn't complain.

Everyone deserves a little respect. Maybe we shouldn't rerate the pax so much (yes, the are ignorant sometimes), and yes, they definitely should respect the judgment of the flight crew more often than they apparently do.

JB Bus Drvr said:
Had this happen to me on an JFK to MCO flight when a pax asked my lead FA if the Capt. was drunk. After hearing that, I got my stuff,walked off the plane, told the gate agent about the comment and went to get tested. The company found a reserve pilot hanging around who flew the plane to MCO where it was met by the local police and corporate security. The passenger who made the comment was taken off the plane and basically told how much it cost the airline to replace a Captain, call out the police and the trouble it caused. They were let go with a stern warning and the sh1t scared out of them. Me, I got pay protected for the trip and an additional 1/2 hour of pay for drug testing

I've heard comments and had things like this happen. I understand your action but to me these idiots aren't worth delaying a flight, inconveniencing my other passengers, and costing my company money. I ignore it. You can't have clowns like this having such power and I won't give it to them.

wxman13 said:
Everyone deserves a little respect. Maybe we shouldn't rerate the pax so much (yes, the are ignorant sometimes), and yes, they definitely should respect the judgment of the flight crew more often than they apparently do.

I don't know about rerating, but derating them is an unfortunate, but true thing in this industry right now. What happens in your Cessna?

hey hugh J....

easy on the ERU guys. Actually, I think its ERAU... Doesn't sound like an ERAU guy to me..maybe a legacy guy? Stop bring the "harvard of the skies" into it.

Most of the time the people that ask if you have been drinking and/or drunk are the ones tipping the bottle themselves. I now just look at them with a blank stare and dont respond anymore. Airfares are so low that we now have the amtrack and greyhound crowd on our airplanes!

I.P. Freley said:
...At that point I seriously considered sinking my teeth into the fleshy skin on his cheek.
LMAO!!!!!

as for the original poster, hats off to you. flippant remarks like that should not be tolerated. keep up the professionalism.

Thin skins...

At risk of major blow back, my only comment is your skins might be a little thin. Not all of your customers are as sophisticated and educated as you are. I also suspect some of you throwing stones might be the first to tell a lawyer joke. Just a thought, but ignoring the ignoramous might be a better choice here. ...Or, go ahead and tell a customer what you really think of them and further risk your job. Cheers.

Latest resources

Back