Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gearmunky

Far Beyond Driven
Just got finished with Lear school out here in Tucson. I can honestly say that this place is one of the most fun places I've been in a while. So, I must, say thanks to all the people who helped me decide to come here instead of Wichita. Lots of pretty girls out here and some dang good food. Instructors were excellent and I had a blast. Thanks again!:)

Gear

Did you have a chance to hang out and visit any of the sites? Mt. Lemmon, Tucson Mountain park? Etc? Anyway, glad you enjoyed it!

Flying Illini said:
Did you have a chance to hang out and visit any of the sites? Mt. Lemmon, Tucson Mountain park? Etc? Anyway, glad you enjoyed it!

Went to the Pima Air Museum the first day I got there. Pretty cool, I have some older friends who flew back in the late 50's and early 60's and you can't see many of those planes anywhere else. We also drove through the boneyard that was saddening and impressive at the same time. It was so hot, the temperature was up to 114 one day we were there. It really did feel like 90 though with no humidity.

The storms were coming through and I got to see some crazy lightning.

I really didn't have much time for anything else. I only had one day off.

I'll be in Tuscon in Sept. I hope Flightsafety has there air in good working order!!!

Yeah it works, quite well too. We actually had to turn the a/c up because it was so cold in the box.

Well, I guess it's back to the grind- the airlines already lost my luggage so it'll be tomorrow until I get it back, and it's supposed to be 90 something with killer humidity.

Do they still have that great steak restaurant in Tucson? You know, with all the cut neck ties hanging from the wall?

I had a pretty good steak at El Corral. Don't know much about the Cactus Moon, although Maloney's has a burger and a huge beer for 5 bucks on Thursdays.

If you passed training then you couldn't have had THAT good of time... ;) There's waaaay too much trouble to get into in AZ. I'll leave it at that. :p TC

Latest resources

Back