Thanks again Colgan!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Godfather

Just wanted to thank the world's greatest regional airline management for throwing their litttle new weight and balance fiasco at us that started today. Thanks for giving no advance notice and no new weight and balance forms and whiz wheels to work with.

BTW, the Feds were checking on us today. How is it that they know all about this, yet we get no help or support from management by getting the new whiz wheels and weight and balance forms out in a timely manner? I got ramp checked twice today and the first thing they asked for was to see the Load Manifests and Whiz Wheel. Thank God I had the new stuff. But other crews weren't so lucky.

Did any other of you Colgan Hommies have this problem today? Thanks again for a wonderful day at work and then have the nerve to ask me to fly on my days off again. chper get me outta here!!!

Last edited:
Here at Mesaba they started with WorldFlight to do our weight/balance. The FO no longer does it. The rampy call in the bags over the radio, the px load and seats come through the gate check and WorldFlight produces the numbers that come to the flight crew on a half sheet of paper handed to us from the gate agent. If they are not ready in time for an on time dep. we leave the gate, start gettting paid and wait. It was tough these first couple of days but it is quickly getting better. I am glad we don't have to do that crap by hand. Good luck, from the lucky ones.

Godfather -

Are you on the mighty Beech? At CommutAir we got the new weight and balance procedures on Aug 1. Thankfully we did get advanced notice and forms. But we have had a lot of fun re-seating passengers.

Godfather,

Don't feel too special. That's an indusry wide deal, sparked by an Advisory Circular from the FAA, which of course was sparked by... Well, I think we all know what it was sparked by. We had a few days' warning on ours, but no real training. Looking forward to trying to fill our new form out in less than 45 minutes tomorrow.

Last edited:
sleddriver77 said:
which of course was sparked by... Well, I think we all know what it was sparked by.

could you enlighten me, i have had a habit of paying attention to nothing

Godfather said:
Just wanted to thank the world's greatest regional airline management for throwing their litttle new weight and balance fiasco at us that started today. Thanks for giving no advance notice and no new weight and balance forms and whiz wheels to work with.

BTW, the Feds were checking on us today. How is it that they know all about this, yet we get no help or support from management by getting the new whiz wheels and weight and balance forms out in a timely manner? I got ramp checked twice today and the first thing they asked for was to see the Load Manifests and Whiz Wheel. Thank God I had the new stuff. But other crews weren't so lucky.

Did any other of you Colgan Hommies have this problem today? Thanks again for a wonderful day at work and then have the nerve to ask me to fly on my days off again. chper get me outta here!!!

Dear God,

Well, it was a pleasure meeting you today, albeit breifly, in LGA. How the hell did you know it was me? :)

As for the new whiz wheel and load manifests, I flew four days without proper forms, splitting section "C" into "C" and "D" so we'd have four lines. I also have to get out the calculator to figure out how much 2 passengers weigh since they took the cheat-sheet off the back of the whiz wheel. And of course, I give the temperature in C when I make my PA announcements.

Best way to keep the feds from boarding your aircraft is to make it a quick-turn with one engine running in 8B or 7B. I know you can make a single-engine turn in those spots.

You know what the problem is? I think the Colgans are nice people and are really trying their best, but Crew Scheduling is pissing a lot of people off (I'm speaking from experience) and MX is starting to scare me. Don't leave without me.

Shy

We got the PinWheel too over at PDT. Hated it at first, but once you get the hang of it, its no big deal at all. Adding up the extra crap on the load manifest takes an extra minute over the old form, but still isn't too bad.

Sorry to hear you didn't get any training on the thing. That would be a little scary.

Monster Buck said:
Here at Mesaba they started with WorldFlight to do our weight/balance. The FO no longer does it. The rampy call in the bags over the radio, the px load and seats come through the gate check and WorldFlight produces the numbers that come to the flight crew on a half sheet of paper handed to us from the gate agent. If they are not ready in time for an on time dep. we leave the gate, start gettting paid and wait. It was tough these first couple of days but it is quickly getting better. I am glad we don't have to do that crap by hand. Good luck, from the lucky ones.

What happens if you've already taxiied away and WorldFlight determins you are overweight or have a Landing Weight issue?

Latest resources

Back