Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skydonkey

round is funny
I wanted to thank the FED EX pilot that gave up the jump seat so that i could ride with my family from DFW to CMH Thursday morning. My wife bought a ticket and i thought that i would jumpseat with her and my 18 month old son. I arrived a little late and the FED EX pilot who checked in before me gave up his seat. Thanks so much.....yes we checked to see if they were unlimited and yes we asked the captain if we could both go. Currently FED EX is not unlimited. The gate agent would not let the captain overide the computer to let us both on. They are pretty tight about that at dfw. outstations are more likely to allow more than one limited jumpseater on....anyway.

I hope to return the favor some time. take care.
skydonkey

I am a little confused.

I guess you got on some passenger airline because a Fedex guy gave up his seat? And that passenger airline would not allow more than one jumpseater and do not have unlimited jumpseats?

Fedex has unlimited jumpseats. Unlimited, as long as there are seats- we don't have too many.

sorry, it was american and even thought fed ex is unlimited on their side, in aa's computer they are limited. so only as many jumpseaters as there are in the plane. the s-80 has only one jumpseat so according to the gate agent only one of us could go. he gave up his seat to let me on.

skydonkey

Hope he wasn't trying to get to work.

Latest resources

Back