• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thank You CHQ CA for 'Making the Walk'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because of the nature of the jobs maybe??

Nope, I was a customer service/gate agent for CO for a couple years during college and I was always polite to the pilots. There are just some agents who are jerks for one reason or another.

Personally, I am absolutely convinced that it's the caliber of people they hire for many of those positions. I'd say about 1/2 of all airline customer service agents and FA's are either straight out of the trailer park or straight out of the hood. Dysfunction has been a part of their lives since birth.

Because AMR will FIRE them if they do not meet certain criteria, including closing out a flight 10min prior to departure.

You're telling me that the flight MUST be closed 10 minutes prior? What happens if you have a flow time? Or connecting customers? Or weather delay? Or have to check bags?

Wow. I don't doubt it if you say so but it sounds unreasonable.

Gup

There's definitely an attitude adjustment needed. Look at the people on the ramp-dreads swinging, pants sagging, hats cocked to the side. They think they can do whatever they want, and sadly they can. The gate agents are a little better, but I've had my share be rude to me. I went up to the gate a few months ago to get my release and saw the gate agent texting on her cell phone with passengers in line right in front of her. I asked if she was considering helping these people out and then she put the phone away.

No wonder you are such a jerk...You are also doing 2x's the work for half the pay.....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wow, all that wit and intelligence,yet unbelievably that lawsuit of yours failed, much like your career!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
No wonder you're still stuck at asa!

Since when did the Airtrain become so "Amazingly Crappy?" You sound like a typical dopey passenger ready to complain at the drop of a hat...The AirTrain is fine.
Damn! I just got all excited thinking we had thread creep and we're going to start discussing Airtran! Anything but more F9/SWA...

Damn! I just got all excited thinking we had thread creep and we're going to start discussing Airtran! Anything but more F9/SWA...

Wooooosh.........right over the head.

Latest resources

Back