Texas Area Fuel Stop

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

VinMingie

I'm looking for a good fuel stop for a flight from Atlanta to Phoenix. I'm thinking about either GYI (Grayson) or DTO (Denton), does anyone have any experiences good or bad at these places. How about any other suggestions for an easy quick turn in the area. Its A BeechJet with full fuel so 5000+ of runway would be required. Thanks

I have used AMA and ADM. AMA was a quick turn that was quick with good price. ADN has a resturant inside the FBO. Hope this helps.

HEADWIND

Tyler's not a bad stop, easy in & out. Plus, if it's warm enough, the line girls will greet you in a t-shirt and shorts...

Collin County Regional

Come see us at Collin County Regional (KTKI). We have 7000 ft. and have great Jet-A prices. We also have a fuel incentive program for transient aircraft. We have a great prize that we are giving away at the end of the year. If you need any additional info, please pm me.

Go to fltplan.com and on the main page use the quick info. After entering your dep and dest, on the next page you can put in a fuel stop distance. For your trip if you use 600 miles it will give you a list of airports and distance from your great circle routing to choose from. Then if you have a fuel contract card (s) you can figure out the cheapest fuel stop.

Hondo (HDO) has about the cheapest fuel, and the best cheeseburgers around...not much else, though...

Thanks

I've been using fltplan.com for a while now and had no idea about that quick info. Anyhow I appreciate everyones suggestions.
Take care-

Flew into Denton many years ago, but used to be a little greasy spoon there on the field where this sweet elder woman would cook up the meanest cheeseburger you could ever want to taste.

Glenn

I have used Tyler and AMA many times for refueling stops. Both are quick, but AMA is a little quicker. Plus there is a resturant just behind the FBO.

SPS used to have a LOT of military flight training as it was a joint use airport. I don't know its current status.

Latest resources

Back