Telex or Uflymike?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vegaspilot99

I've done some reserch and read about the whole TSO thing, but I would like some current opinions about using either a Telex 850 or the Bose/Uflymike in a CRJ. Is the 850 quiet enough? How comfortable are they? Any problems with either? etc. Thanks

I love the UFlyMike, it's very comfortable. I don't have any complaints about it, it also makes deadheads/commutes much more enjoyable. I think it got TSO certified, I could easily be wrong, but I know they were going through the certification a while back.

Another vote for UFlyMike! I have had mine ~six months and love it! It has utility beyond just being a headset up front, and besides, it's smaller than many other options. I call it the FO Bose (the X being the Captain Bose).

It's nice not having any other wires to fuss with, and the battery is in the headset.

Cheers!

Lilah

Last edited:
Same here.... battery life in the Bose/UflyMike is pretty good. Makes for an awesome deadhead/jumpseat tool as well as a top of the line headphone for your CD player/iPod.

I've had the Telex 850 for about three months now and I love it - lightweight, good noise reduction, no batteries. The noise reduction is not as good as the UFly combo, but it's still really good.

Most folks I see with the Telex 850 use ear plugs with them.

I've been using a Clarity Aloft headset for 6 months now in the CRJ. Couldn't be happier. Light as a feather, I never feel it, and superior noise protection with no batteries.

I recently returned my Telex 850 for the u-fly. The passive noise reduction on the telex is minimal and the active only offers a moderate 8-10 db using phase cancellation. The bose will attenuate about 20-25 db passive and provides very good phase cancellation across the band but does so very effectivly in the 800-1.4khz range. Hands down to he U-fly over the telex but neither will compete with the official Bose headset.

I used the u-flymike in the 170 for 3 weeks until a pax or cleaner stole them from me. My only issue with them was the altitude alerts were extremely loud and there was no way that I knew of to quiet that a bit. Batteries are kind of annoying, but it was my first intro to ENR/C technology.

Thanks for the input. I probably give em both a try, but I'm definately leaning QC2/UFM...just seems better all around.

Latest resources

Back