Telex 850?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chignutsak

I'm in the 145 and I'm sick of the David Clamps. I know the Telex 850 has anr with 12db of reduction; does this work with the awful wind noise in the 145, or do you still wear earplugs with them? Thanks

I had the 850 and used them on the CRJ. They didn't block out as much noise as I would have liked, earplugs were not needed though. On flights longer than 2 hours they'd start to hurt my ears where they clamp. I switched to the Bose and am much happier.

I'm looking into the Sennheiser 25KA for the ATR. I know they use em on the ATR in europe, so I figure they should be quiet enough for the EMB. Unless it really is that loud.

I bought an 850 for the ERJ and ended up returning it. It's not even close to quiet enough. You still had to use ear plugs so there's no sense in having the ANR version. I ended up going with the Clarity Aloft which in my view is perfect for the ERJ. A bit more expensive but the 850 is a waste of money in the ERJ in my opinion. It's a loud SOB.

I have the 850s and they work great in the 737 but even in some high speed situations (descend via the phlbo 1 maintain 320kts) it gets pretty loud and I have to turn up the volume a little. I really dont think they will do the job in the Brazilian Pencil Jet (yes I flew it). You really need something with full ear cups or something that goes in the ear.

Some guys used the Telex 750 with earplugs but that seemed like a real pain in the ass.

I just returned my 850 in favor for the BOSE headset. Much better, the audio quality in the TELEX was pretty poor. Had a hard time listening to ATC and ATIS or intecom/ATC at the same time. Not the case with BOSE.

I have to wear earplugs w/ the 850's on the ERJ. They're not good enough in that thing.

Latest resources

Back