Telex 850 in EMB-145 feedback please.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NRHPilot

I am thinking about buying a Telex 850 for use in the EMB-145. Does anyone have any feedback for me before I spend the money? Wind noise most important. also comfort and anything else you can add. Thanks.

I've never used the 850 in the Rickety Rocket, but I've used the 750, and it's woefully inadequate. The 145 is loud enough that you either need good passive and/or active ANR to keep from going deaf.

Isn't the 850 the one that is powered by the microphone input voltage, and thus needs to be on Hot Mike the whole time for the ANR to work? That might get old for whoever you're flying with- especially if you are eating pretzels!

You will need earplugs

EagleRJ said:
. . .Isn't the 850 the one that is powered by the microphone input voltage, and thus needs to be on Hot Mike the whole time for the ANR to work?

Yes, they are panel powered, but the hot mic does not need to be on for it to work.

inbound said:
No ear plugs needed

What did you wear prior to the 850? I am curious about the need for earplugs. The waterskier says you need them but I've flown with guys that wear them under david clarks... it's all relative.

I wear the 750 with earplugs but it would be nice to use the 850 if you could do it without earplugs.

thanks

Telex headsets are as annoying as hell in the 145 for the other pilot.
PLEASE Make sure you know how to turn off the hot mike.

Latest resources

Back