Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Smoked Toilet

18 AT LAST!
From those of you that have used the 850 in the CRJ, does turning off the mic on your side kill the noise cancelling?

any other comments on it?

thanks

I've been very happy with mine so far although I've only used them about 10 hours of flight time so far. No turning off the IC switch does not turn off the noise cancelling. The only way to turn off the noise cancelling is the switch on the side of the headsets - otherwise if it's plugged in it's working.

A word of caution - when you first get them there is a volume switch on the side of the headseat that has a 'hi' and 'low' setting - mine came on high - make sure you switch it to 'low' otherwise the master caution/warning, selcal, and altitude alerter sounds are so loud they'll make your head explode.

CL

I think the 850 is really comfortable, but the noise cancelling feature doesn't do much. The weird thing about this headset is depending on which airplane you are in, will determine if you can keep the hot mike on. Sometimes I can leave it on for the whole flight, but in some planes the mike drives me crazy after about 2 minutes from the wiper noise. But to answer your question, no turning off the IC will not turn off the noise cancelling. There is a switch on the headset to turn it on or off.

I use the 750 with earplugs in the crj. How is the noise level using the 850 without earplugs vs the 750 with.

I tried the 750s for about a day, with and without earplugs, with the volume at all different levels. I was missing radio calls every 2 minutes, turned them in the next day and bought the 850s. I notice that I have the RTU 1 and IC volume set about the same as those who use the David Clamps, while 750 users have the volume at Max.

Ok, first of all ya'll need to stop being a bunch of PU$$!ES..the CRJ is not THAT loud. You can wear just about anything and you can hear just fine

Latest resources

Back