Telex 750 Question w/ single cord plug

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

midcoast9

I need a telex 750 with dual plugs. I have someone willing to sell me a telex 750 that has a single plug, however, he put an adapter on it which splits the one plug into two. The seller stated that the headset works like this. It's an EBAY sale...so I just wanted to pose it to someone here and see if anyone has tried to use the telex 750 w/ this type of adapter. For what it's worth, I called Telex and they advised that Telex does not sell an adapter of this type.

Thanks for any help...

The adapters are generic, prob not a Telex part. I don't have time to search right now, but I'm pretty sure that I've seen them on Gulf Coast Avionics or a similar company's catalog. Might have been a parts place like Aircraft Spruce. It's a simple pin remap, unless of course you are referring to the ANR powered single plug like in the ERJ, good luck with that one.

The three common plug types are the US standard two plug, military/heli single, which is all four pins as rings on one big plug, and the 4-pin euro, like in the Airbus, which looks similar to an XLR audio/data cable plug. There should be adapters readily available to match any two of those..

..CT

I have been using a single plug 750 with generic adapter for a year. The thing works just fine.

Latest resources

Back