Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Charlie Brown

Hey just a quick question for you 737 guys out there:

Do you (or someone you have flown with) use the 750 headset and if so how well does it work? I believe it is TSO'd so it is an approved one for use as well if I am not mistaken. Any insight would be appreciated.

That's what I use. I put an earplug in my right ear and use that earpiece, and leave my left ear open to talk with the CA. It hurts a little after a few hours but no big deal at all. Good luck!

i use it and it works fine. provides no hearing protection though. i'm considering the telex 850 with the ANR. don't know how much that would help, but it beats having no protection at all.

737 can be loud especially down low in an older generation with the speed up.

the 750 is certainly a better option than sharing spittle and cooties with the entire pilot force with the installed headset.

you can find them on ebay for $100 usually.

I use the 750 with earplugs in both ears. I dont have any problems hearing the CA. For what its worth ANR does not give hearing protection. The hearing protection comes from cups that cover the ear passive reduction. The 850 is pretty good about this, the Bose QC2 was alot better. The 850 does not fully cover your ears. The ANR will reduce fatigue though.

I use the the 750's with ear plugs. About the same Db noise reduction, and much cheaper than 850's. On the NG's, I sometimes forgo the earplugs. I've used the 750's in every jet I've flown. Great, affordable headset. They also take up very little room in the flight bag. Check Ebay, I've seen them for under $100.

I use the 850 in a 737. I like them. ANR works well and there is no battery to replace. It gets it's power from the mic plug. Slim and fits well in a flight case.

Been Using the 750 on the 737 for over a year. I LOVE 'em.

Ive tried alot of others and keep comng back to the 750. I've used them in other aircraft for 10+ years. I always use earplugs in addition to the 750.

Just experiment with different earplugs to find the most comfortable for you.

I use the 750 with earplugs in both ears. I dont have any problems hearing the CA. For what its worth ANR does not give hearing protection. The hearing protection comes from cups that cover the ear passive reduction. The 850 is pretty good about this, the Bose QC2 was alot better. The 850 does not fully cover your ears. The ANR will reduce fatigue though.

What do you mean by ANR does not provide hearing protection. Even with the "phase-shifted noise" from the speaker, the net volume reaching your eardrum is less, so the hearing protection does come from both the earcup, but more so from the ANR speaker itself.

I use the 850 in the 737 and had the older Bose on both pistons and turboprops and are happy with the 850. FWIW, the QC2 might not be allowed by your company. Mine specifically specifies a TSOd one.

The phase shifted noise is just opposite wave length noise. It is still noise that may damage your hearing. While it may reduce some, people get lulled into thinking ANR is hearing protection it is not. It is noise reduction (tricking the brain). The cup, the fuller the better(I know I thought it too) gives better hearing protection or earplugs. I have spent numerous hours in sound proof booths for hearing test. I am just saying be careful and protect your ears.

Latest resources

Back