• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Teen Stowaway Survives 5-Hour Hawaii Flight In Jet Wheel Well

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Time of useful consciousness? Hypothermia? Lack of o2? Surviving retraction and extension?

I'm thinking Maybe he got into a baggage compartment....the correct one. Nonetheless, an amazing feat. His parents should start taking him a bit more seriously!

Time of useful consciousness? Hypothermia? Lack of o2? Surviving retraction and extension?

I'm thinking Maybe he got into a baggage compartment....the correct one. Nonetheless, an amazing feat. His parents should start taking him a bit more seriously!

That, or he just wandered onto the ramp in Maui. I say NFW did he survive in the wheel well for 5 hours at 36,000 ft.

I posted this in an earlier thread on this topic. This is the LA Times story with the FBI agent stating he had no idea how he survived; it was a "miracle"

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...i-in-jets-wheel-well-20140421,0,5623323.story

Found this interesting from the FAA; seems there is a precedent incident:

http://www.faa.gov/data_research/research/med_humanfacs/aeromedical/aircraftaccident/wheelwell/

Which is the correct one and why?

CNN just showed how to get into a wheel well (767) and where to sit without getting squashed by the wheels, now everyone knows what to do, another act of irresponsibility by CNN

Latest resources

Back