• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ted Cruz attacks Airline Pilot Profession

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Clinton's 8 years and Obama's 7 years (and counting) have been the two periods of post-deregulation prosperity for airlines and airline pilots. Maybe a coincidence of market fluctuations, but I am much better off today than I was during the early 2000s. I was actually told in 2003 that the reason I was being laid off was because we were attacking Iraq and the airline wanted to proactively prepare for an oil spike.

Paul Ryan voted in 2006 to allow foreign airlines to own U.S. Airlines (amendment 41 to H.R. 5576) so I decided I had to vote for politicians based on saving my profession or having a worse healthcare industry. I decided my profession was more important. I can deal with spending more for healthcare or higher taxes, but I can't deal with the U.S. airline pilot profession being outsourced to foreign airlines.

Funny how nobody on the right side seem to remember how Bush and his gang of liars, lied about weapons of mass destruction and brought this country into an expensive war that is going to bankrupt this country, but also killed and injured thousands of our younger generation. Yet, all you can point out is the Benghazi and that the current president is bankrupting this country.
When will pilots understand that voting Republican is voting anti union, and therefore shooting yourself in the foot.
At this point if it wasn't that the commander in chief decides on the use of nukes, I'd be all for Trump. Let them screw it up so bad that maybe some will finally understand.

Go ask Gen. Georges Sada about the weapons of mass destruction.

Then again, go ahead and trust Rachel Maddow. I'm sure she'll steer you right.

Funny how nobody on the right side seem to remember how Bush and his gang of liars, lied about weapons of mass destruction and brought this country into an expensive war that is going to bankrupt this country, but also killed and injured thousands of our younger generation. Yet, all you can point out is the Benghazi and that the current president is bankrupting this country.
When will pilots understand that voting Republican is voting anti union, and therefore shooting yourself in the foot.
At this point if it wasn't that the commander in chief decides on the use of nukes, I'd be all for Trump. Let them screw it up so bad that maybe some will finally understand.

You forget that Hillary was one of the most vocal advocates for going into Iraq, and trumpeted, on multiple occasions, the intelligence at hand about Saddam and WMD.

Arguing about any of these idiots is like arguing the difference about whether a pile of dog sh1t or cat sh1t is more appealing to have on your dinner table.

You forget that Hillary was one of the most vocal advocates for going into Iraq, and trumpeted, on multiple occasions, the intelligence at hand about Saddam and WMD.

Arguing about any of these idiots is like arguing the difference about whether a pile of dog sh1t or cat sh1t is more appealing to have on your dinner table.

And you think she was told the truth ?
False reports.

And you think she was told the truth ?
False reports.

She was working with the same Intel that was provided to Bush. She came to the same conclusion and supported going to war.

How is Bush a liar while she gets a pass on this?

You mean the reports that Cheney had doctored?

This polarizing crap by instigators on both sides is so readily gobbled up by the sheep. I can't tell you how painful it is to listen to Maddow or Hannity (or any of them) when the facts are known.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs...bob-woodward-bush-didnt-lie-to-start-iraq-war

No Lie
Bob Woodward throws cold water on the left's claim that Bush lied the nation into war with Iraq.

For a lot of people, especially those inside the Washington Beltway who are curious about the internecine goings on that accompany the formulation of policy in administrations of both parties, The Washington Post's Bob Woodward is often the authoritative last word. He's turned up a lot of "scoops" going back to the administration of President Richard M. Nixon who he, along with then-writing partner Carl Bernstein, did more to drive from office in disgrace than just about anyone.

Like him or not – and there are plenty who don't – he's got the scalps on his belt to prove he knows what he's doing.

His latest bit of journalism isn't likely to win him any more friends on the left, as he's just knocked down a revered piece of conventional wisdom that will force a reassessment of George W. Bush's presidency. For according to Woodward, there's no evidence the 43rd president of the United States "lied" the nation into war.

Bush's political opponents like to make this claim to delegitimize not just the war but his entire presidency. No man who knowingly and dishonestly took a nation to war is worthy of any kind of honor, hence history's reluctance to focus on the substantive accomplishments of President Lyndon Johnson. Whatever good he did is eclipsed by his use of a fabricated incident in the Gulf of Tonkin to secure congressional authority to increase the number of combat troops being sent to South Vietnam. The notion that Bush lied in similar fashion about Iraq discredits – in the eyes of his political opponents certainly – everything he did, everything he stood for and everything he accomplished.

It's a brutal axe but, according to Woodward, one that is itself based on an untruth. An argument could certainly and persuasively be made, he told moderator Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday," that the Iraq War was a mistake, but "there was no lying in this that I could find."

According to Woodward, Bush himself was skeptical about the presence of weapons of mass destruction and urged caution on then-CIA Director George Tenet lest he stretch the case that there were.

The whole thing of course exploded after Bush, in a speech to Congress, asserted that foreign intelligence sources had shared with the U.S. information that Saddam Hussein's regime had attempted to procure yellowcake uranium from Niger, a country in the African Sahara, only to have former U.S. Amb. Joe Wilson claim he had investigated the claim and found it wanting, as he said in The New York Times in a piece called "What I Didn't Find in Africa."

That Wilson's investigation was hardly thorough enough to be called the last word on the matter was soon lost in the rising storm over the claim that someone in the White House (it later turned out to be the No. 2 man at the U.S. Department of State) had, in pushing back on what Wilson was saying, told at least one reporter that Wilson's wife (who went professionally by the name Valerie Plame) was a covert CIA employee

For a time the whole business made celebrities out of Wilson and his wife among Democrats, the left-wing intelligensia and the Hollywood crowd. And it made goats out of Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, Secretary of State Colin Powell and others who asserted that Hussein's drive to obtain weapons of mass destruction – in violation of the cease fire agreement that ended 1991's Gulf War – rendered him a global threat that needed to be dealt with harshly and severely.

Woodward's already being bashed for letting this little bit of truth out into the open. Esquire magazine is already up with a post questioning his integrity and saying he sounds like "someone waiting for that check from a Nigerian price to clear." More of the same is coming. Too many people have too much invested in the idea that Bush lied to allow the debate to start up again on the chance that they were wrong. It won't change what happened if those people were in fact wrong, any more than it will change any of the outcomes; what it will do is generate some confusion about who wears the white hats and who wears the black ones, which is not what the progressive Democrats – who are still reeling from President Barack Obama's foreign policy failures – need right now. After all, if Bush didn't lie, how can it be his fault that the Islamic State group continues to gain ground in Iraq now that Obama has pulled almost all the troops out of there?

Posted on my companies internal message board. I thought I'd post here to get more visibility.

Notify your union Political Action Committees.

Contact your congressman.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/internation...a-cabotage-law

US Senator attacks American Samoa cabotage law

A US presidential hopeful is concerned that federal cabotage law is hindering economic prosperity and tourism development in American Samoa and Guam.

Aviation cabotage allows a foreign airline to operate on another country's domestic routes.

The senator for Texas, Ted Cruz, who plans to run as a a Republican Party candidate in the 2016 presidential election, is calling for federal cabotage law to be scrapped .

Mr Cruz's campaigners arrived in Pago Pago last week.

A consultant to Mr Cruz's campaign, Dennis Lennox, says American Samoa has tried to get cabotage laws waived for years to allow foreign carriers to operate in and out of American Samoa to other US airports as a way to boost tourism development.

He says the three Pacific territories, including American Samoa, are valuable and strategically important insular areas to the US.

Last month the Samoan Government owned Polynesian Airlines was granted a 30-day cabotage waiver by the United States Transportation Department to operate American Samoa's domestic flights.

The US territories cannot vote in the presidential election, but are able to vote in selecting a candidate for the Republican and Democratic parties in their local caucus and conventions.

The Republican Party Caucus is set for 22 March 2016 in Pago Pago.

Ted Cruz was elected as the 34th U.S. Senator from Texas in 2012.
Ted Cruz was elected as the 34th U.S. Senator from Texas in 2012 and is hoping to run as a Republican Party candidate in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

Photo: Jamelle Bouie

Nothing here. But barry hussein opened his pie hole a few years ago and was whining about corporations and their business planes and in the ensuing hulabaloo Beechcraft and Cessna had to mount a full frontal assault in defending their products. All this from hussein who has never held a job in the private sector.

Latest resources

Back