TDY to Little Rock

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

viper548

Next week i'm heading to Little Rock for C-130 LM school. I'm switching from the C-5. Anyone have any advise for my 4 months there? I will be driving and bringing my computer.

Bring your sticks, the base golf course is O.K., be sure to bring hunting clothes to wear (even if you don't hunt), a John Deere hat is a must.

The tractor pull at the Little Rock Fairgrounds is a must see (they use souped up Lawn Tractors), it's the same event as the Farm Expo. Johhny Rockers is the base watering hole, not bad, sports bar theme with a sand volleyball court out back. The gym at "the rock" is great, use the time to get in summer shape. Be sure to bring your beer goggles.

MO

PS You're gonna love the Herk, you may want to buy a fan and sleep with it on high to get used to the props

Next week i'm heading to Little Rock for C-130 LM school. I'm switching from the C-5. Anyone have any advise for my 4 months there? I will be driving and bringing my computer.

Drink heavily - you're in Little Rock for 4 months. I think the answer to your question is self-critiquing.

Since you're a LM you will probably need to download the addresses of all the local grade schools for your dates on Friday nights.

The Rock isn't that bad. Downtown LR has a good amount of bars, if you're into that kind of thing. Don't forget the Bill Clinton Trailer Trash Presidential Library. Pinnacle Mountain is good for hiking. The Buffalo River is good for canoeing. North Little Rock has every type of food ever created.

3 Schools at the Rock behind me. Hopefully that's it.

If you're ANG and they try to pull the crap about extending your orders because they can't get you done in time, tell them to "kiss you a$$" and go home. It pisses them off, but the look on there face is priceless.

two timer Rock

I could only handle 2 times at the Rock. I played way too much golf. They tried to send me for IP school and I told them I can't get anybetter at golf let alone flying the Herk.

Bring your sticks and beer drinking boots. Go to Toad Suck for the festival. I thinks it's right around Pickle's Gap near the Arkansas River.

Yeee Haaw!

Nevermind, my old base didn't send my flight records and lost my medical records. I'll be going in May instead of next week

I thought Corpus was pretty crazy for girls and partying. Then I went to Little Rock. After encounters with a couple college cheerleaders, cougars, and one girl working on her Phd, etc I met my girlfriend. Best 3 months of my life. Anyone who says the girls at Little Rock are toothless degenerates obviously struck out, numerous times. I can't wait to go back for IP school.

I've been all over, and the natural state's women compare with anyone's! Theres quite a bit to do around, especially if you're into the outdoors.

Best advice that I can give you is, Don't go to Little Rock "the center of excellence" stay on the C-5. Crews on the C-5 stay in good hotels (not tents) and make good Per Diem (not MRE's). The Herk is a eye opener for our former C-5 guys.

Latest resources

Back