• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tax Deductions...Per-Diem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have used TurboTax for the last 4 years, saved me a lot of money and it is quick and easy. Once you have the info you can run the program and get it all done in 4 to 5 hours.

Tax deductions

I second everyone who've opined that you can deduct your computer(s), printers, etc. Without a doubt in my non-CPA but B.S. in Accounting mind, you can deduct whichever computer logbook program you use. I agree with 72Longhorn on all the items he mentioned. I believe that moving expenses are computed on a separate IRS schedule before the bottom line is placed on your 1040.

Don't forget about deducting a type rating, and room and board expenses incurred while earning the type. I deducted my Citation type and enjoyed a nice, $3K+ itemization. Be creative in pondering your deductions. Pilot magazine subscriptions are fully deductable. AOPA membership is deductable. CAP membership is deductable as a charitable contribution. People who participate in Angel Flight can deduct the costs they incur.

I'd still be skittish about the crash pad deduction because of the tax residence question. But, your airport car mileage and food away from domicile are deductable less any per diem.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back