• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tanker Competition Cancelled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like the 135s will be soldiering on. Hopefully the next time around our own Air Force will select an American built product.

Boeing

The KC-135 I'm flying right now seems to have done the job nicely these last 50+ years. What else does Boeing have to do to prove they have awesome product?

Hi!

Maybe....quit screwing around???

cliff
YIP

Good for Boeing.. maybe the next administration will be able to get rid of the special interst B S and bid this fairly...

"fairly"

(snicker)

It's "meet the Specs" vs. "change those specs to what we have!"

Well if you stick them side by side the A330 is a better product. A buddy whom working in acquisitions at the Pentagon told me he foresees the AF buying the A330, but building it at the Boeing plant or a plant built for the 330 in Seattle. Win win - the AF gets their choice of aircraft and Boeing doesn't lose jobs over it.

I agree. The EADS-NG aircraft met the specs. The Boeing team spent most of their time trying to convince the USAF to change their specs to something Boeing had tooled-and-ready.

A Boeing mucky-muck at NATCO for the B787 sim "party" gave a truly head-shaking account of how "those clowns over on that side of our house" tried to wag the dog.

Latest resources

Back