TAM Jumpseat?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pilottodd2

Has anyone ever jumpseated on TAM to Brazil?

I am planning on taking TAM from JFK-Sao Paulo, and then on a domestic intra-Brazil flight on TAM from there.

Can anyone give my the skinny on what the protocol is and how much $$ the taxes, etc cost.

Thanks

I don't think you can. I have jumpseated out of SCL to MEX on AeroMexico...but I caught the crew as they were getting off the bus...when you are south of the rio....the skipper has say....not so on the US side (for the most part). Why don't you just take DL or AA, if you have to go out of JFK. I would also look into GOL instead of getting ZED's or ID90's intra Brazil. Remember to get your visa before you go!

Their concept of jumpseating is totally different. As Brazilian, I've tried so many times.... It's better if you just buy a pass. The only occasion I was able to jumpseat was during carnival week when every flight was packed. I walked up to the captain and explained that I HAD TO MAKE BACK TO WORK. He approved based on the "emergency". Varig used to be part of ZED and you can get some pretty cheap tickets thru that.

Delta charges US$2.50 from US and US$35 from Brazil in taxes. Just make sure to show up EARLY. Go to scustomer service in US and sales office in Brazil to take care of the paperwork.

Have fun :cool:

Latest resources

Back