Talking with the PAX at a Frac.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SeaSpray said:
Here is a guy that's a career VIP pilot who finished his military service with six years at the most prestigious executive aviation organization on the planet

Trust me - they ain't that special. Being a poster boy for the AF OAS doesn't make you a great pilot. Mostly it just means you know how to kneel and smooch.

Sour Grapes?

Grizz said:
Trust me - they ain't that special. Being a poster boy for the AF OAS doesn't make you a great pilot. Mostly it just means you know how to kneel and smooch.

So, flying the President and the Nation's senior military and political leaders internationally and into and out of hostile fire zones is no big deal and no special trust and confidence is placed in the pilots who do so?

It sounds like you applied to the Wing and couldn't make the cut, Grizz.

I've had the good fortune to ride on an 89th Airlift Wing airplane from Andrews as a part of my job. They are a very impressive organization. But then again, so are all the VIP units at Andrews AFB - Army, Navy, Marine Corps and National Guard.

_SkyGirl_

wasn't that a VIP unit that plowed with ron brown into the side of the mountain?

In the end the report found the crew and the unit comander at fault.

Grizz said:

Come on, Grizz. I know better than that, I'm in the military VIP community. It's a tough selection process to get into the 89th at Andrews and at Headquarters, US European Command you had to be second tour OSA and an Academy Grad - if you don't have Jump Wings don't apply.

Semore Butts said:
Hostile fire zones?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
What are you talking about?

You aren't talking about Gulfstreams are you?

We do it all the time. You ought to see the shiney new AN/AAQ-24 Nemesis Directional Infared Countermeasures suite we're getting on the Gulfstreams to take the danger out of being close.

You know we all have a weapons system other than the VIP platform right?

SS

`

Last edited:
Never saw ya..

I did a year in Iraq flying the ultra, I don't recall seeing any Gulfsteams.

We did haul our Dv's ""down south to catch the Gulfstreams back to the states. Is that what your calling hostile?

My experience is that peope have to do some real soul searching in order to decide if they want to put up with all the BS at the Andrews unit.

I do have friends there that like it however.

How do you all feel about the reserve guys getting hired straight into the Gulfstream in Germany?

Some people have different ideas of what is dangerous.

Some think it's getting shot at.

Some think it's the captain spilling his coffee in the front of a gulfstream.

yeah Im a line guy and the tips are pretty nice. The rich guys act like its WORK to drive their Mercedes or BMW to/from the ramp to the parking lot. Gotta love it. But we do try to help out the pilots as much as possible, they usually refuse when we start to grab their bags for them after we've handled the pax bags.

They refuse because then that means they have to tip you! :D
jaxpilot said:
yeah Im a line guy and the tips are pretty nice. The rich guys act like its WORK to drive their Mercedes or BMW to/from the ramp to the parking lot. Gotta love it. But we do try to help out the pilots as much as possible, they usually refuse when we start to grab their bags for them after we've handled the pax bags.

Latest resources

Back