Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
there has gotta be more info than this.

the best i can make out is:

1. full flight and this mutlu guy with some kind of pass or ticket isn't gettin on

2. an FA with aparently a space pos seat says that she will sit in the FA JS and Mutlu can have her seat.

at this point everything seems fine - happens everyday - i've done it before - sat in the JS so a norev or paying pax can have a seat when I was on a space pos dead head.

Now here is where it get "unclear"

3. apparently somewhere inflight the FA wants Mutlu's seat and tells hime to sit in the LAV. What? Is this FA that stupid? Gotta be something more to it.

If he wins he'll get a few hundred thousand. That's the way the game is played.
If I know Jet Blue, they will take a principled position. If they owe him, they'll make a reasonable settlement in the range of $500 to $5,000. If they don't, this case will be awaiting appeal 5 years from now.

There was no injury. If they interviewed the other passengers, they'll likely say they did not know who this guy was until they read his story in the newspaper. It is hard to be humiliated unless the Plaintiff makes a big deal about it himself, and then who's fault is it?

Like I said $500 case. A $5,000 case if you want to try to get an early settlement to avoid paying your own attorney's bills. Usually things like this get resolved with travel vouchers and letters of apology. The Plaintiff has already humilated Jet Blue, they have nothing to lose by defending this case to the hilt now.

... and all that is assuming the Plaintiff is telling the truth....

Last edited:
If I know Jet Blue, they will take a principled position. If they owe him, they'll make a reasonable settlement in the range of $500 to $5,000. If they don't, this case will be awaiting appeal 5 years from now.

There was no injury. If they interviewed the other passengers, they'll likely say they did not know who this guy was until they read his story in the newspaper. It is hard to be humiliated unless the Plaintiff makes a big deal about it himself, and then who's fault is it?

Like I said $500 case. A $5,000 case if you want to try to get an early settlement to avoid paying your own attorney's bills. Usually things like this get resolved with travel vouchers and letters of apology. The Plaintiff has already humilated Jet Blue, they have nothing to lose by defending this case to the hilt now.

... and all that is assuming the Plaintiff is telling the truth....

Maybe he should have picked on an airline with better financials.

The Plaintiff has already humilated Jet Blue, they have nothing to lose by defending this case to the hilt now.

Actually, I would indeed go after this dipstick if he is indeed full of horse manure. The settlement could then be court cost, price of the jetblue lawyer and a full page apology in all the very same newspapers including his picture.

However, I fear you are right as to what will happen.

There seems to be a lot of nonsense in this guy's story. What captain would get involved in who sits where in the middle of the flight?

Somewhere out there lies the truth, and as usual, it's not with the brand new, 23 year reporter that can't spell "airline"... much less understand the environment we operate in.

Tremendous fear on the toilet seat

NY man sues US airline over flight spent in toilet

At one point, the airplane experienced turbulence and Mutlu sat on the toilet seat without a seat belt, causing him "tremendous fear," the lawsuit said.

I've had this experience once or twice, myself, so I can totally relate. I didn't realize it was worth millions of dollars, however. Maybe it's different if it's not one's bowels, but an evil captain who forces a passenger to sit on the toilet seat during less than ideal conditions.

Hey, why don't they put a seatbealt on the potty anyway? Then we could all feel free to go in there with the USA Today and make poopie anytime without tremendous fear. I've had nightmares where my head gets impaled into the ceiling while my legs dangle below with my pants around my ankles. Even if I survived that, I wouldn't really want the flight attendants to find me that way.

Last edited:
Anyone remember a few yrs back when a Mesa Capt allowed another Mesa pilot to ride in the crapper. Both FIRED

Latest resources

Back