Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Taking vacation from Flying...would you do it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

starchkr

New Bus driver
Alright guys/gals, i have a general question for all of you...well kinda more of a "would you use it" kind of question.

So you have had a heck of a long year, working is getting you down and you REALLY need to get away from it all and just relax! How about a nice relaxing vacation in the Rocky Mountains only minutes from world class hiking, skiing and fishing, plus an abundance of other activities to ease the tension?

Ok, so i know it sounds good...well GREAT!!! Here's my question...if a vacation property was offered to you with all of these things and at a discount off regular prices would you use it? My wife and i have moved one step closer to purchasing just such a place here in Colorado in one of the vacation hot spots...now to really seal the deal as to whether we should do it we need to get a general consensus as to if it would really be worth purchasing and renting out to people who would love to get away from it all. It currently sits less than 10 feet from the fall river with mountains on all sides and seclusion being its best asset. Less than 3 miles from Rocky Mountain National Park, and the same distance from the town of Estes Park (very awesome mountain community). Wildlife abounds everywhere in the area...this weekend alone we had elk drinking from the river right in front of the cabin (only feet from the front door), and there was a herd (if thats what you call it) of big horn sheep on the mountain across the river...very nice to watch.

Ok, so some info on the place, two bedroom, two bath, two person jacuzzi in the master bedroom, fully equiped kitchen, fireplace, cable tv, etc etc etc...all the amenities of home. Rates would be ~$140 night in the winter (mid Oct-mid May), ~$170 night spring (mid may-beginning of June), ~$200 night summer (mid june-mid august), and ~$190 fall (mid aug-mid Oct).

Ok, so what was i trying to acomplish...just a show of general interest, nothing more at this point, we need to see for ourselves that it would actually be used before we take that plunge and actually buy the place. So if you would be interested just say yes or no, that's it, nothing else, just help us make our decision.

Thank you, and "get away from flying for a few days"...there i tied it into flying, so now it should be able to be left here and not moved to another part of the website.:D

I'm not all that familiar with the area, but it sounds like a good deal to me.

If you don't buy it PM me. I might be interested. Sound like a pretty neat place. The only issues with renting it are upkeep and those type things if you don't live in the general vacinity. It could be more of a pain in the rear than a good business venture.

I would do it..as long as you have a competent management team that takes care of it for you(cleaning between guests, maintenance, etc) it could be made profitable even after their 'commission'..I say 'Go for it'..Places like that people like renting for a week to 'escape' for a while..and the rates you are proposing are not out of line..In fact you could probly raise them 10-15% and still be considered 'reasonable' for that area.

Thanks for the replies so far...a few things i should have mentioned.

There is a full time management team on site between 9 am and 5 pm (later in the summer) and they live in town for outside hours. The management team provides cleaning crews after guests leave and they take care of any problems that guests may have such as maint. or special needs (all part of the management agreement). Also, if need be, i live only an hour and a half from the location if there is a desperate need to see the "potential" owner versus the management team memebrs. The current management team is the couple who had the cabins built (1999). The location has a good rental history, and a few things we liked were the fact that smoking was prohibited inside the cabins and pets were not allowed. I know some people might not like that, but it really appealed to us because it would help keep the places just that much cleaner without having to worry about the smell of smoke or sitting down on the furniture and getting animal hair all over yourself...plus if people were allergic.

Swass...even if we do buy this one, there is another in the immediate area and 10 more across the parking lot (all same ammenities by the same management company)...plus there were probably 20 more in the same area for sale, all offering management and good rental potential/histories.

Latest resources

Back