• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Take a tour of the A380 Flight Deck

Fltlvls

Total Time
8000 +
Very nice...still looks like a ton of room even with three jumpseats.

johnsonrod

Total Time
8000+
I guess if you want a chance to fly one of those things, Emirates should be high on your applications list...

labbats

Zulu who?
Total Time
Am I the only one that winces when I hear Flight Deck? Freaking PC madness. Just call it a cockpit.

Dumb Pilot

Total Time
Tillers on the right side are an option with both Airbus and Boeing, ANA's 767's have tillers on the right side and the F/O's taxi on their sectors

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
Am I the only one that winces when I hear Flight Deck? Freaking PC madness. Just call it a cockpit.

Airbuses have "flight decks" and Boeings "cockpits." :)

Airbuses being more spacious than the tight fit Boeings have up front in comparison. Not just between the knees, but overall space. The 340 is like a livingroom compared to a 744.

zawillif

Total Time

I call it cockpit on all PA's and checklists. I never understood "Flight Deck"--we are in an airplane not an ocean liner here. Call it what it is.

sat74

Total Time
enough
I was on Delta last month and the crew called it the "Flight Station"!! :rolleyes:

Its COCKPIT and they are STEWARDESSES that serve the customers and cockpit crew!

'nuff said!