Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BoilerUP

Citation style...
I got to go for a ride in a friend's Champ recently and got absolutely hooked...most fun I've ever had flying! I want to get a tailwheel endorsement and maybe find a setup where I can rent a small tailwheel to go buzz around like a Champ, Super Cruiser, Cub Special, Pacer, Cessna 120/140, etc.

I'm looking for anything within about a 60 minute drive from southern IN, but the closer to Louisville the better. I know of Bowman Eagles, but I can't financially justify joining the club at this point.

Anybody willing to have my partially subsidize their tailwheel? PLEASE? :biggrin:

Start your search with http://www.taildraggers.com/

If no luck on there, www.nafinet.org

Both of those sites have a directory of tailwheel instructors.

Dragging your tail is a ton of fun and does make you a better stick and rudder pilot. My most recent tailwheel checkout was also a CFI applicant and after finishing his TW, his instructor said their following flight was the best he had ever done.

I always tell people I got my license in a 172 but I really learned to fly in a J3.

If still no luck, come to VA, there are several in the Tidewater region.

au

Last edited:
Shot in the dark. The guy at the flight school above the Central American hangar at bowman used to have a champ and do instruction. Kind of expensive due to insurance, and you couldn't solo in it This is maybe 4 or 5 years ago, no idea if he's still there.

Latest resources

Back