Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cargoflyr69

V-Dub for Life
Hey, Does anybody know of any airports around the Philadelphia/Trenton, NJ area that has tailwheel, aerobatic, or warbird activity going on? I just moved out to the east coast and am interested in getting back into grassroots aviation. I'm looking for a place that will rent me a cub or champ to check out the countryside with.

Well friend, you moved to the wrong side of te contry.
Alaska is the place for taildraggers! ;)

Tailwheel

There is a banner towing operation that I believe is out of Trenton, but not sure. Any how, they are all the time advertising for pilots and will do you tailwheel endorsement. You have to pay for the training, which is what you are looking for anyway. I believe they are called Aerial Advertising. Again, I am not sure of the location or if that is the name, but they do operate out of the New Jersey area. Hope this helps.

I am not sure about Warbird. There is a group up in Geneseo NY for warbirds flying the B-17 and others.

I have heard some of our pilots have classics in the area and a museum. Tiger moths, Gennys, Travel AIrs etc. I beleive they are the tri state area.

My best guess would be to ask around at the airports and FBOs.

AAflyer

Look for a local chapter of the Confederate (or maybe Commemorative I have heard, in this PC age) Air Force, they might be able to hook you up or might know where the local stuff happens. EAA never hurts either.

Cargoflyer, go to an airport called VanSant, not far from Doylestown, PA. If you want tailwheel, aerobatic, and warbird activity, they got it all in there, guaranteed. They also have a ton of glider flights on weekends, which is awesome to watch at a grass strip.

I got my tailwheel from there 3 years ago and been stopping by on weekends ever since.

By the way, where/what r u flying now out of TTN? I also fly in the area...

Piper cub checkout

Wow, I got my cub check out there back in 76 or so!
Kinda neat to groundloop a plane with no damage! What a way to learn!
Keep your feet moving all the way to the tie down spot, and have a blast!

Latest resources

Back