Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cargoflyr69

V-Dub for Life
Hey, Does anybody know of any airports around the Philadelphia/Trenton, NJ area that has tailwheel, aerobatic, or warbird activity going on? I just moved out to the east coast and am interested in getting back into grassroots aviation. I'm looking for a place that will rent me a cub or champ to check out the countryside with.

DYL or Vansant

Call up Bruce Everett at Doylestown airport in PA (DYL). 215-340-0707. The FBO is Leading Edge Aviation, he has his own company which runs itself so he spends most of his time instructing and competing in unlimited/advanced acro. He has a Pitts S2B and access to either a citabria or decathlon for checkouts (not sure what he has now its been a year since I've sen him). the summer of 01 we would take the decathlon down the delaware river and around philly picking out all the old factories and histroical sites. He knew the area as he grew up there and I knew the airspace as I flew traffic for years in the same area. We had a great time buzzing around the area.

There is also Vansant just north of Point Plesant (the best bang for your buck) on the Delaware River. Grass strip, gliders and rental on a champ and citabria. One of our FO's has a biplane there. The operation on the field is Sport Aviation. www.vansantairport.com . Azhar is the guy you want to talk to, he is one of the best instructors around and its his profession, just grass roots flyin. He's also very laid back and fair. A few years ago he checked me out in a 150 aerobat they had. We went up for like .3 after which he said "I'm not here to waist your $$, its obvious your a CFI so I'll just let you go so you can have fun". If I still lived down there I'd be broke from renting the decathlon/champ/j3 weekly. As a kid I used to ride my bike up there and spend the day bumming rides.

Andover Aeroflex in norther Jersey -

www.andoverflight.com/html/home.htm

I've never flown there but herd its a good operation but alittle $$$ though

PM me if you need any more info, The directions to Vansant on map quest are alittle f'd up so let me know and I'll give you the scoop on driving up there.

Have Fun

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! I think I'll take a drive up to Van Sant this weekend as I'm sittin' reserve for the rest of the week. I looked at their website and it seems it is exactly what I'm looking for! This is the kind of flying one can really enjoy on a nice summer day. I saw the Stearman on their website, wonder is Ahzar will rent me that? That'd take the cake!:D

Have fun. Wish I was there, but I have a 4 day with Mr. A$$hole ex-ABE Capt.

BTW - most people around Vansant are great airport people but in the past few years the Bucks County rich/snob sailplane pilots have pushed further into the area so don't be supprised if you encounter a jerk or two.

if you go flying, take the river north up to the water gap, on the way back stop in at Easton, Alexandria, Skymanor.

Latest resources

Back