Tag Av.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Webslinger

Looking for information on the new Chicago base for Tag Aviation if any of you Tag pilots know? What type of aircraft and when and where will they be based, or will Tag just DH their birds out of MSP? or HPN? Also, are most Tag pilots 24/7 or do they have some type of schedule? How are the benefits? Medical, dental, 401K? Life insurance? Loss of medical ins.? Seems like a good company as far as 135 is concerned. I know their main base is Switzerland, and SFO in the states, not too much info on their web site though. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Gents.

TAG Aviation is the merger of White Plains- based Wayfarer Aviation (former Rockefeller flight dept) and the SFO-based AMI Jet Charter. TAG both manages aircraft, and operates 135 flights/sales. They have over 130 aircraft under management around the world, mostly Gulfstreams, big Falcons and Challenegers, but also some medium-cabin stuff. All pilots are typed.

Some TAG bases are TAG-managed aircraft, and those pilots are TAG employees. Others are "certificate riders" which would be like your boss putting your airplane on their certificate, and sending the pilots to TAG for Indoc, (and FSI or Siumuflite) and then flying 135 charters for TAG customers when the aircraft are available, but you are still paid by your company & you still work for your company, not TAG.

If there is not an offcial TAG base there, and you are on the certificate, then you and your flight dept become the base, even if you are not technically TAG employees- kind of like a franchise.

TAG-employed pilots are paid either TAG's going rate (started around $52K/yr for first yr F/O a few years ago) some bases pay more- the company that owns the airplane can set a higher rate if they choose, and many do. TAG's company minimums are around 4000-5000tt, but depends upon aircraft/experience. Don't know about Capt pay or bennies (I flew for a company who paid me, but I flew charters on TAG's certificate).

I thought the training was very good. I had been on Business Jet Solutions certificate before (Flexjet) and TAG was even more thorough, especially since they operate many aircraft with 10 or more seats, and heavy international stuff . . .

Seems like a good company, and I think once you're on their certificate, then you could apply for openings at other TAG locations. Or, if you were hired by a certifoicate-rider (they call them "Charter Allies"), then you might be paid more money, but still on the TAG certificate, and still a more likely applicant for another opening for a managed or charter-ally aircraft.

Sorry, don't know anything about Chicago bases- maybe someone else can help here . . . . .

Last edited:
Ty’s right

We pickup TAG trips on occasion out of the LA area mostly for European destinations, nearly all of the TAG trips I’ve run were some Hollywood limo liberal type who wouldn’t ride in anything smaller than a DA-900 or G-IV. (No lie, they actually have it stipulated in their contract with a studio, private jets no smaller than a Falcon 900 or G-IV) Sometimes they even go further demanding we service certain airports such as LHR instead of LTN or LGW. Why I have no idea…

One brain surgeon even wanted us to “buzz the Ritz in Piccadilly”… needless to say that request went unanswered.

TAG indoc is handled via them thru FSI or Simuflite; we did our indoc at FSI @ LGB. We are not paid by TAG, such subject to their customers abuse and unrealistic demands but flying outta LA/Hollyweird long enough, you become use to the strange and bizarre.

OTOH TAG doesn’t take any crap; they booted some singer, like Limp Biscuit or Emenem off a jet on night in Miami for busting up the lav to the tune of $25,000, Captain pointed towards the terminal and said, Delta is ready when you are.

TAG backed him and tossed the customers account, even sued him for repairs.

TMMT
:)

TAG jobs?

Found this thread buried and wanted to bring it back to the top.
Aside from just blasting a blind resume via the TAG website, does anyone out there have any advice as to how a person can get an interview w/ TAG?
I understand they have some managed aircraft in the Chicago area and I'm trying to find work out there.

Thanks,

Rice :cool:

Yes, I would be interested also. Also do they fly out of any other place other then CA? DFW for example.
thanks,
j

I checked my old TAG directory, but there were no listings for the Chicago area . . . sorry. I would hit Million Air and Signature at MDW, and also PWK and see if anyone can tell you anything.

TAG itself does hire pilots, but I think most of them are going to be in HPN, SFO or some of their larger bases.

If you want their corporate office number in SFO, it is 650.342.1717 and you can tell them that you would like to get the contact info for the Chicago base manager. That might work. If that doesn;t, then call HPN corporate office, and try the same thing. Maybe someone will give it to you . . . 914.949.4424

TAG is fine, but if you find a quality operator in your area flying comparable equipment, you could probably strike a better deal for yourself than by working fro a mgmnt company like TAG. The advantage to working fro TAG or for an operator on TAG's certificate is the contacts you will make if you want to change jobs later, or perhaps transfer to another TAG operator- since you will already be on their certificate.

Good luck!

Webslinger said:
Looking for information on the new Chicago base for Tag Aviation if any of you Tag pilots know? What type of aircraft and when and where will they be based, or will Tag just DH their birds out of MSP? or HPN? Also, are most Tag pilots 24/7 or do they have some type of schedule? How are the benefits? Medical, dental, 401K? Life insurance? Loss of medical ins.? Seems like a good company as far as 135 is concerned. I know their main base is Switzerland, and SFO in the states, not too much info on their web site though. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Gents.

Would anyone know if this "new" TAG operation is out KMDW? And if so, would it be a 900C?
Thanks....

I had a friend that used to fly a King Air 350 that was on Tag's certificate and they were based in the Chicago Area. I will try and get some info from him... Stay tuned...

Skyking

Latest resources

Back